DJ CONTAKT - THE RAVING RELIGION PODCAST MIX

Subjekt Music

VIP Junglist
Ez All

Happy New Year and all that ting dere. I recently recorded a 30 minute podcast mix for The Raving Religion guys and their burgeoning Facebook profile. They hit me up for a mix after they heard (and nicely posted) Tech, Step & Roll Vol.1

It's a pretty rowdy, dancefloor style mix, seeing as they are called The Raving Religion, so wanted to a mix that represented that time of the night when your favourite DJ just goes in during his set. Tracklist is nothing too groundbreaking and theres a few little slips but I hope you enjoy it either way. All comments/feedback etc appreciated as always

Here is their Facebook page. Go like it >>> https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Raving-Religion/296081913752937

TRACKLIST:

Fresh & Sigma - Cylon
>>> Bad Company - Planet Dust
Culture Shock - The Bypass
Commix - Electric
Dr Octagon - Aliens (Sub Focus RMX)
Misanthrop - Viperfish
Xample & Crystal Clear - Sister
Break - Splash Step
Sub Focus - Stomp
Break - Let It Happen
Commix - Be True
>>> Survival, Octane & DLR - Transistion
Ram Trilogy - Human Future
Konflict - Messiah
>>> Noisia & Phace - Floating Zero

Last edited:
anything with floating zero instantly makes the tracklisting good imo! on it mate. will report back once burnt to CD and gone over with a fine combe! << possible spelling error!

anything with floating zero instantly makes the tracklisting good imo! on it mate. will report back once burnt to CD and gone over with a fine combe! << possible spelling error!

cheers Tone

I will allow your poor spelling as you are being as nice to have a listen. let me know your thoughts geez

saw a couple of fb updates you posted previously about making this mix for these guys!

right on this wayne. aliens remix is a classic. nice to know someone is still digging through the crates for some gems to pop in a mix.
will leave some feedback at some stage. big up

BIG LIKE SATURN.

BIG LIKE RIK WALLER

saw a couple of fb updates you posted previously about making this mix for these guys!

right on this wayne. aliens remix is a classic. nice to know someone is still digging through the crates for some gems to pop in a mix.
will leave some feedback at some stage. big up

Cheers buddy. Not been on the forum in a while so gotta check whos been posting what mixes so d'ling them now

The Aliens/Viperfish mix is my personal fave on there. Hope you like the mix geez

Couldn't really be more up my street with this tracklist!

Stand outs for me were:

Fresh & Sigma - Cylon

Laaarge mix, properly strong start!

Misanthrop - Viperfish

Energy blend. Worked really well.

Konflict - Messiah

Naasty mix, screw face on for this one.

Overall a decent blend man, the few slips you did have were rescued pretty sharpish and the EQing was pretty spot on! Enjoyed it geez!

Been enjoying that mix with Messiah and Floating Zero myself mate, fit so well. Overall nice mix, bringing out the classics with this one. Wasn't keen on that Cylon>Bypass mix, sounded a little off when it came in and not two tunes that go so well together imo.

Nice one little mix mate, was really feeling it! I've never bothered much with "older" tunes but I feel like I'll have to, because they sound wicked (Planet Dust, Electric, Aliens RMX or Viperfish are going to find their ways into my bag for sure). Seemed to me that the pace was very quick and I liked it, it was rolling heavily! No major slips noticed and EQ'ing was spot on, pon the DL :)

will have a listen havnt heard a few of the tunes or just dont know there names

will give feedback after ive had a check

Couldn't really be more up my street with this tracklist!

Stand outs for me were:

Fresh & Sigma - Cylon

Laaarge mix, properly strong start!

Misanthrop - Viperfish

Energy blend. Worked really well.

Konflict - Messiah

Naasty mix, screw face on for this one.

Overall a decent blend man, the few slips you did have were rescued pretty sharpish and the EQing was pretty spot on! Enjoyed it geez!

Cheers for listening geez. Pretty much pointed out my fave bits of the mix in your response

Fresh & Sigma - Cylon
>>> Bad Company - Planet Dust - this was a sick intro, liked how you played around with it to keep in interesting rather than just running the two tunes over each other!

Misanthrop - Viperfish - disgusting basically, had to play it over a few times to satisfy myself haha

Break - Splash Step
Sub Focus - Stomp - sounded nice

Konflict - Messiah
>>> Noisia & Phace - Floating Zero - obviously this mix always sounds large played man

really solid 30 minute mix, will get a few plays mid revision (y) looking forward to TSR vol 2 now man

Been enjoying that mix with Messiah and Floating Zero myself mate, fit so well. Overall nice mix, bringing out the classics with this one. Wasn't keen on that Cylon>Bypass mix, sounded a little off when it came in and not two tunes that go so well together imo.

I see what your saying with the Cylon / The Bypass mix. I think i could've EQ-ed Cylon a little better so it sat nicer in the mix. Big up for listening though man

Nice one little mix mate, was really feeling it! I've never bothered much with "older" tunes but I feel like I'll have to, because they sound wicked (Planet Dust, Electric, Aliens RMX or Viperfish are going to find their ways into my bag for sure). Seemed to me that the pace was very quick and I liked it, it was rolling heavily! No major slips noticed and EQ'ing was spot on, pon the DL :)

Cheers bro. Yeah, i'm not really of the opinion that mixes have to be loaded with all the newest tunes out, its nice to bring out some unexpected tunes you havent heard in a while. Plus, as its a dancefloor kinda mix, i wanted to check in some of my rave faves from a few years ago. But i'm glad you liked it.

---------- Post added at 13:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:03 ----------

Fresh & Sigma - Cylon
>>> Bad Company - Planet Dust - this was a sick intro, liked how you played around with it to keep in interesting rather than just running the two tunes over each other!

Misanthrop - Viperfish - disgusting basically, had to play it over a few times to satisfy myself haha

Break - Splash Step
Sub Focus - Stomp - sounded nice

Konflict - Messiah
>>> Noisia & Phace - Floating Zero - obviously this mix always sounds large played man

really solid 30 minute mix, will get a few plays mid revision (y) looking forward to TSR vol 2 now man

Yes James

Nice one for peeping it bro. Yeah i didnt wanna roll out anything too long. 30 mins just seemed enough. But well happy you're feeling it man

TSR 2 is gonna be in Feb sometime. Will let you know when its up and ting

Back
Top Bottom