DJ CONTAKT - THE RAVING RELIGION PODCAST 14

Subjekt Music

VIP Junglist
Ez all

Not posted a drum & bass mix for a while but i've done another podcast mix for The Raving Religion. It's a weird one this mix and i'm not sure how to describe it. It was initially going to be quite a mellow set but it didnt end up that way. Hopefully you get the vibes though. Admittedly it's not the tightest mix I've done with a few slips here and there but I hope you check it out and dig it either way. Enjoy.

I will be doing a two part Tech, Step & Roll mix at some point in the upcoming weeks. Will let you know when it's done and ready to go

TRACKLIST:

Spectrasoul - The Gift
>> DBridge - True Romance
Alix Perez - Contradictions
DBridge - The Little Things
Friction & K-Tee - Overtime (Spectrasoul RMX)
System - Love Dub
Spectrasoul - Absentis
June Miller - Snapcase
Break - Last Chance VIP
Calibre - Highlander
Zinc - Freenote
Break - Shipment
Alix Perez & Spectrasoul - Forsaken
Logistics - Murderation
Enei, Eastcolours & Noel - Cracker
Rido - Twisted
>> Dillinja - All Aboard

Last edited:
Right up my street Wayne.
tight selection with a sprinkle of soul in there. Absentis, Forsaken, Highlander... all personal favourites.

Right up my street Wayne.
tight selection with a sprinkle of soul in there. Absentis, Forsaken, Highlander... all personal favourites.

Thank you bro.

Like i said i had a style for the mix in mind which then went a tad astray. it's not the tightest as there are a few iffy drops and pushes but let me know what you think sir

So this was basically as great as expected. Loved the overall deep vibe of this, opening mix was class as always when it comes to True Romance. Then right into Contradiction, beatiful and soulful. Little Things coming up, one of my favourite 2012 tunes, I was a bit worried how the mix with Overtime RMX is gonna turn out, but it worked a treat! Wasn't too keen on the mix into Love Dub, I dig both tunes, but it changed the flow a bit too harshly for me. Mix with Absentis was fine and then Snapcase, that tune always goes off in the mix. And here comes the highlight of the mix so far, Last Chance VIP, big! Now I'm not sure here, did you change the uploaded mix a bit today? Because SC's saying it's only 37 minutes long, the one I've downloaded has 42 minutes...and there's Lunar Bass RMX kicking in, another great mix right there. Space Between right after that, I always enjoy hearing this one in the mix, brings back memories of when I've first got into dnb. Back on track with Highlander, very tight section up to Shipment! Forsaken coming in just lovely, can't get enough of this tune ever since it came out. Mix into Murderation was well executed, another favourite tune of mine, haven't heard it for a while, big up! And the beast of a mix with Cracker, feeling this! I'm not a big fan of turning the heat down in the mix, but yeah, why not, intro of Twisted deserves a space to breath for sure, tease of All Aboard was very cool actually, wasn't expecting that. And the strings leading towards the end of the mix, definitely a way to go. My hopes for this mix were high considering those 2 RR podcasts you've done last year are still among my most played mixes and you've definitely stood up to those with this one. Really looking forward to that TSR 3 special, I'm sure it's gonna be huge! :)

Last edited:
Lovely selection mate, gotta love some deep, soulful and rolling dnb. Both mixes with The Gift where really tight, great combinations. Nice hearing The Little Things by dBridge in a mix, not often that happens imo, the tune is so wonderful. The mixes with Love Dub were a little off sadly, but when you got them in place shortly after the drops, they sounded really good. Havne't heard that Highlander tune by Calibre before, came in really nicely though. Shipment came in wicked as well, older Break stuff is always so great in the mix. Forsaken into Murderation was great.

Overall really nice mix, some slips in there but the top selection made up for it imo. Great stuff.

tracklist looks exactly my style, gonna have a listen now get me through some work :)

The Gift...was gonna ask what u did to it?? but im guessing this is the version with the original vocals?

So this was basically as great as expected. Loved the overall deep vibe of this, opening mix was class as always when it comes to True Romance. Then right into Contradiction, beatiful and soulful. Little Things coming up, one of my favourite 2012 tunes, I was a bit worried how the mix with Overtime RMX is gonna turn out, but it worked a treat! Wasn't too keen on the mix into Love Dub, I dig both tunes, but it changed the flow a bit too harshly for me. Mix with Absentis was fine and then Snapcase, that tune always goes off in the mix. And here comes the highlight of the mix so far, Last Chance VIP, big! Now I'm not sure here, did you change the uploaded mix a bit today? Because SC's saying it's only 37 minutes long, the one I've downloaded has 42 minutes...and there's Lunar Bass RMX kicking in, another great mix right there. Space Between right after that, I always enjoy hearing this one in the mix, brings back memories of when I've first got into dnb. Back on track with Highlander, very tight section up to Shipment! Forsaken coming in just lovely, can't get enough of this tune ever since it came out. Mix into Murderation was well executed, another favourite tune of mine, haven't heard it for a while, big up! And the beast of a mix with Cracker, feeling this! I'm not a big fan of turning the heat down in the mix, but yeah, why not, intro of Twisted deserves a space to breath for sure, tease of All Aboard was very cool actually, wasn't expecting that. And the strings leading towards the end of the mix, definitely a way to go. My hopes for this mix were high considering those 2 RR podcasts you've done last year are still among my most played mixes and you've definitely stood up to those with this one. Really looking forward to that TSR 3 special, I'm sure it's gonna be huge! :)

Yeah, i did a longer version but i wasnt that keen on it so re-recorded the version thats up in like one take during my day off and changed the mp3. Curious to know which one you like best...

Thank you for the feedback bro. Glad you liked it. Yes, TSR 3 will be soon i promise!

Lovely selection mate, gotta love some deep, soulful and rolling dnb. Both mixes with The Gift where really tight, great combinations. Nice hearing The Little Things by dBridge in a mix, not often that happens imo, the tune is so wonderful. The mixes with Love Dub were a little off sadly, but when you got them in place shortly after the drops, they sounded really good. Havne't heard that Highlander tune by Calibre before, came in really nicely though. Shipment came in wicked as well, older Break stuff is always so great in the mix. Forsaken into Murderation was great.

Overall really nice mix, some slips in there but the top selection made up for it imo. Great stuff.

Yeah... It's not my tightest mixed set I will admit. A case of re-recording it in a day and, more worryingly, my hearing is a little shot from years iof loud club speaker abuse i'm sure! As you said though i think the tune choice makes up for a few of the mistakes in the mix. Big up for checking though man!

tracklist looks exactly my style, gonna have a listen now get me through some work :)

The Gift...was gonna ask what u did to it?? but im guessing this is the version with the original vocals?

It was the original version that was on the promo with (IMO) the better vocals. The vox on the release version didnt do it for me so i'm lucky to have the copy I do!

Yeah, i did a longer version but i wasnt that keen on it so re-recorded the version thats up in like one take during my day off and changed the mp3. Curious to know which one you like best...

Thank you for the feedback bro. Glad you liked it. Yes, TSR 3 will be soon i promise!

I'll check the "new" one on SC and will let you know bro :)

Back
Top Bottom