DJ CONTAKT - TECH, STEP & ROLL VOL.3 (PART ONE)

Subjekt Music

VIP Junglist
Ez all

After 18 months since I did the last mix and having (finally) made the switch to Serato last month I'm reinstating my Tech, Step & Roll series. You know the deal.... 45 minutes of all this techy, stepping and rolling. My first set that's totally non vinyl too. There's a few little iffy bits in there but hopefully you still get the vibes anyway. Working on a part two to this third volume as I write.

All comments, feedback, appreciation or general apathy are welcome as always

TRACKLIST:

Mefjus - Signalz [CRITICAL]
>> Rockwell - Constantcomplexrhythmicsound [SHOGUN]
Halogenix - Raya [DISPATCH]
Spectrasoul - Sometimes We Lie (DLR Remix) {SHOGUN}
Enei & Emperor - Liberation [CRITICAL]
Alix Perez - Voices [SHOGUN]
Skeptical - Cold One (Jubei Remix) [INGREDIENTS]
Enei - Machines [CRITICAL]
Xtrah - Groove Shadow [SYMMETRY]
Hazard - Time Tripping [PLAYAZ]
Vicious Circle & Jubei - Deliberate [MODULATIONS]
Villem, Hydro, Mako & Fields - Celestine [SYMMETRY]
Xtrah ft. Codebreaker - Lost Time [SYMMETRY]
Octane, DLR & Break - Murmur [DISPATCH]
Emperor - Monolith {MODULATIONS]
Break - Condensor [SYMMETRY]
Villem, Linden, Mako & Fields - Saturate [DISPATCH]
Sabre, Stray & Halogenix - St Clair [CRITICAL]
Dabs & Mortem - Hourglass [HORIZONS]

Re: DJ CONTAKT - TECH, STEP & ROLL VOL.3 (PART ONE)

gave this a spin earlier today Wayne. sounded fat.

Will jot some thoughts at some stage. (y)

Cheers man. Hope you dug it...

I did indeed.

Liberation >> Voices >> Cold One remix is a wicked 3 tune burst. The double out of liberation was wicked with Voices they just seemed to work effortlessly together. Then the double out of Voices was pretty unexpected but once again worked really well. Like how you held the mix with those two for longer than 32 bars, then Machines really worked out a peach with Cold One remix. Never tried that before will definitely be giving that a whirl at home.

Love Groove Shadow. Touch disappointed it didn't get pressed to vinyl. The whirring bassline worked effectively doubled with Machines. OH DEAR GOD Wanye - Time Tripping worked so so well with Groove Shadow that's just silly good. Best mix so far and this has been getting better and better throughout. Deliberate worked swish with Time Tripping. Quite an overlooked tune for me as I always play Cloak & Dagger on the flip of that Modulations release.

Celestine is a nice little roller that I haven't listened to in a while. Lost time comes in for another double and fully expecting Murmur to make for an absolutely ridiculous mix which it does. Love how Codebreaker's vocal snippet pokes over in that double. The Monolith makes for another wicked mix.

The mix out of Condensor into Saturate was also a seemless blend.

Nice touch playing Hourglass to finish. Selection essential listening as would be expected.

Big up yourself. Think I perhaps prefer some sections of your Tech Step And Roll Vol. 2 but its great you've picked this series back up now that you've gone digital.

Appreciate you are a busy man - but if you get a chance would be great if you could have a butchers at my latest mix pal.

Ez.

I did indeed.

Liberation >> Voices >> Cold One remix is a wicked 3 tune burst. The double out of liberation was wicked with Voices they just seemed to work effortlessly together. Then the double out of Voices was pretty unexpected but once again worked really well. Like how you held the mix with those two for longer than 32 bars, then Machines really worked out a peach with Cold One remix. Never tried that before will definitely be giving that a whirl at home.

Love Groove Shadow. Touch disappointed it didn't get pressed to vinyl. The whirring bassline worked effectively doubled with Machines. OH DEAR GOD Wanye - Time Tripping worked so so well with Groove Shadow that's just silly good. Best mix so far and this has been getting better and better throughout. Deliberate worked swish with Time Tripping. Quite an overlooked tune for me as I always play Cloak & Dagger on the flip of that Modulations release.

Celestine is a nice little roller that I haven't listened to in a while. Lost time comes in for another double and fully expecting Murmur to make for an absolutely ridiculous mix which it does. Love how Codebreaker's vocal snippet pokes over in that double. The Monolith makes for another wicked mix.

The mix out of Condensor into Saturate was also a seemless blend.

Nice touch playing Hourglass to finish. Selection essential listening as would be expected.

Big up yourself. Think I perhaps prefer some sections of your Tech Step And Roll Vol. 2 but its great you've picked this series back up now that you've gone digital.

Appreciate you are a busy man - but if you get a chance would be great if you could have a butchers at my latest mix pal.

Ez.

Mate, that's more feedback than I could've asked for. Thank you for the detailed comment man, seriously. The 3 tune section you pointed out is my favourite section of the mix too, they just seemed to work.

Big up for listening dude. I know your into some of the same beats so its sick you were feeling it and yeah, even I think part two will be hard to match up to myself! Haha

I will give your mix a spin this week sometime dude. Big up.

Fat mix

Alix Perez - Voices >> Skeptical - Cold One (Jubei Remix) sounds reeeeeeeeeeally big

this bit was really good mate

liked the continuous flow through out...

looking forward to part 2

this bit was really good mate

liked the continuous flow through out...

looking forward to part 2

What, you mean all of it? Hahaha

Nice one geez, glad you liked it

Back
Top Bottom