DJ CONTAKT - JUST A LITTLE SOMETHING...

Subjekt Music

VIP Junglist
Yo.

I know I've just dropped Tech, Step & Roll Vol.1 on you but I thought i'd chuck up my Just A Little Something mix for you too. I did this in one take and it was only meant to be a test recording but I ended up putting it on Soundcloud anyway as it didn't sound too bad. A couple of bits that could sound better but have a listen and let me know what you think. Ez

Tracklisting:

Break - Is This What You Want VIP [Symmetry)
>> I Kamanchi - Never Can Tell [Full Cycle]
Sub Focus - Deep Space [Ram]
DKay & Lee - Tuning VIP [Metalheadz]
Break - Splash Step [Quarantine]
Noisia - Deception [Ram]
Rockwell - BTKRSH [Shogun]
Spor - Halogen [Lifted]
Break - Authentic [Quarantine]
Commix - Sattelite Type 2 [Metalheadz]
Brookes Brothers - Crackdown [Viper]
S.P.Y. - Xenomorph [Metalheadz]
Ed Rush & Optical - Chubrub [Virus]
>> Noisia & Phace - Floating Zero [Invisible]
Enei - Slow Motion {CIA Deep Kut]
Friction & K-Tee - Set It Off (Icicle RMX) [Shogun]
Ram Trilogy - Gridlock (Break RMX) [Ram]
Noisia - Facade VIP [Ram]
Break - The Uprising [SLR]
Sub Focus - Juno [Ram]
DJ SS - Black (Bladerunner RMX) [Formation]

swish wayne!
2 mixes from u in one day and i still want another, u haven't got a 3rd lurking anywhere have u?

first tease was ultra clean, really liked it

Noisia - Deception [Ram]
this bit was mega.
deep space and tuning were so good... spash step was ace too, havent found that many mixes with it that i like but i digged this one. deception worked wicked with splash step behind it too.

btkrsh was a lil quiet but a safe mix all the same.

Spor - Halogen [Lifted]
smashed it. halogen - authetic was sweet!

slow motion - set it off was nice too

and the black remix at the end was a wicked blend and a mad way to finish!

swish wayne!
2 mixes from u in one day and i still want another, u haven't got a 3rd lurking anywhere have u?

first tease was ultra clean, really liked it

Noisia - Deception [Ram]
this bit was mega.
deep space and tuning were so good... spash step was ace too, havent found that many mixes with it that i like but i digged this one. deception worked wicked with splash step behind it too.

btkrsh was a lil quiet but a safe mix all the same.

Spor - Halogen [Lifted]
smashed it. halogen - authetic was sweet!

slow motion - set it off was nice too

and the black remix at the end was a wicked blend and a mad way to finish!

Hahahaha. Unfortunately there is no other mix.....yet.

Now I dont feel so prang and feel like I can hold my own with some of the other talented DJ's on the forum I'll be doing more mixes in future.

Again, thanks for the feedback. You seemed to point out the parts i myself really liked in the mix. I didn't think that deep space and tuning VIP would work as they are both quite bassy. But it seems like it wasnt too bad.

I'm surprised you didnt like the Crackdown / Xenomorph mix bruv. Thats my personal fave. And if you listen to when Sattelite Type 2 comes in, its brought up with like 2 bars to go cos i was looking at my phone and not concentrating on my mixing! Hahaha

Nice one for listening though man. Much appreciated

got on the dl now, will hit you up once I have listened. I will say I am looking forward to chubrub >> floating zero

edit: just had a listen and pretty solid all round man. I gotta say I did love the crackdown mix, been drawing for the shock one remix again recently, but don't have the original.

chubrub >> floating zero was nice man, they work pretty well together. Sadly I don't own chubrub to cat it haha.

You are inspiring me to record a set and get it up here (y) (believe me you don't wanna be responsible for that haha)

Last edited:
got on the dl now, will hit you up once I have listened. I will say I am looking forward to chubrub >> floating zero

edit: just had a listen and pretty solid all round man. I gotta say I did love the crackdown mix, been drawing for the shock one remix again recently, but don't have the original.

chubrub >> floating zero was nice man, they work pretty well together. Sadly I don't own chubrub to cat it haha.

You are inspiring me to record a set and get it up here (y) (believe me you don't wanna be responsible for that haha)

Nice one for peeping it Sambo!

Never liked the Shock One remix of Crackdown cos the original is so good. The Crackdown/Xenomorph mix is my favourite blend on there. The bassline from the SPY tune is too big.

Record a set and post it anyway Fritzl!

And this one's even better (according to my taste ofc)! Whole mix is going off really nicely, some wicked blends including Deep Space with Tuning VIP and, Crackdown with Xenomorph and Splash Step with Deception if I had to pick top3. Looking forward to hear your next one soon :)

And this one's even better (according to my taste ofc)! Whole mix is going off really nicely, some wicked blends including Deep Space with Tuning VIP and, Crackdown with Xenomorph and Splash Step with Deception if I had to pick top3. Looking forward to hear your next one soon :)

Nice one buddy. Thanks for listening

Wow, really like the intro... Is this what you want VIP >> Never can tell sounds wicked...

What did you do, Start with the VIP, drop Never can tell then blend back to th VIP again?

All smooth as mate

Wow, really like the intro... Is this what you want VIP >> Never can tell sounds wicked...

What did you do, Start with the VIP, drop Never can tell then blend back to th VIP again?

All smooth as mate

Cheers man

The VIP of Is This What You Want has a really long intro so I just dropped Never Can Tell 32 bars in then take it out on the breakdown before ITWYW? drops properly

Back
Top Bottom