DJ Competition..

hyperd4eva

H&M SCARVES
VIP Junglist
entered into a DJ Comp in brighton this saturday... each DJ gets 8 minutes to impress for various prizes. more for fun than anything i guess.

Think its a mixture of people mixing and people scratchin / beat juggling etc..

Would you go for selection or just a few double drops for this? or literally try fit as many tunes in 8 mins as possible? how would u go about it? need to start planning.

entered into a DJ Comp in brighton this saturday... each DJ gets 8 minutes to impress for various prizes. more for fun than anything i guess.

Think its a mixture of people mixing and people scratchin / beat juggling etc..

Would you go for selection or just a few double drops for this? or literally try fit as many tunes in 8 mins as possible? how would u go about it? need to start planning.

You serious? 8 Minutes?

Well if you are into blending thats about 3 or 4 tunes!

You are having a laugh...or are you? Well if you are on vinyl your bag wont be heavy!!

Yeah I can understand if its turntablism you can do a lot in 8 minutes with cutting and scratching, tricking. But for mixing it would be hard to just be there for 8 minutes- right stop watch on the countdown!

Last edited:
Know what u mean, i think its give or take really mate. They do it in little heats i beleive. Not too sure but gonna give it a go never the less!!

Double deck Whigfield - Saturday Night for 8 minutes solid, dressed in a £3000 Versace Black Silk Dress, swinging your cock around like a Windmill.

If you don't win the comp, you'll defo pull.

Win win situation imo.

[video=youtube_share;tgd2JNUvjkk]http://youtu.be/tgd2JNUvjkk[/video]

Rip the audio from this and mime along to it, excessive gunfingers, wanky xone filter dance etc. fake a DJ set with a fake DJ set.
you could even go as far as calling it a cover version.

3RD PRIZE - PEAR SHAPED APPAREL LTD EDITION CAP
2ND - A LIMITED EDITION EP..
1ST - 100 QUID!

ended up just smashing out as many tunes as possible.. was mixing on a vestax pdx little scratching mixer though. had no MID EQ. was just low and high! it was a bit of a mission.! really enjoyable night though, the battle dj's won.. was pretty much that sort of night so going to help them get more dj's for the next one

Back
Top Bottom