DJ competition in a town called March

klusta

Pulsar
VIP Junglist
On the 28th of Febuary if anyone around Norfolk/Cambridgeshire is interested.

The promoter of Social Breakdown is running it, I think it's whatever style ya want to play. Starts at 8.30 so bring along some tunes to the Red Lion pub.

I'm gonna go along and scare some pub punters with some dark evil techstep....hehehe

Let us know if ya interested

This event is bigger than I thought in the first place. Thurs the 28th is just a meeting for the djs/organisers so there is no music being played.

There's gonna be heats so u need to fill out a form to enter, gis us a shout if ya need one. I'll keep ya posted on any further news.

Went to the meeting last night, found out there's about 20 odd dj's entering...prize for winning is as follows £100 record vouchers + a place on a dj agencies book (pretty good one at that).

I've got forms if anyone wants to enter, heats are on Wednesdays in the Red Lion in March starting in about two weeks for now.

klusta said:
Went to the meeting last night, found out there's about 20 odd dj's entering...prize for winning is as follows £100 record vouchers + a place on a dj agencies book (pretty good one at that).

I've got forms if anyone wants to enter, heats are on Wednesdays in the Red Lion in March starting in about two weeks for now.

£100 pounds says the winner plays house. Drum and bass never wins these things.

:(

i tell ya what wins these things, the DJ with the most mates :/

theres so many DJ's they get about 10 mins each and its judged on crowd reaction, so most mates = win

hope this one aint like that

any more info on the heats etc Klusta, how long they are etc?

Me heat is on April 3rd from 8.30.

They're having to do 30 mins sets, which I thought was quite short but I gonna give it a go.

I also found out that I'm the only dnb dj entering out of 25 djs, looks as though I'm gonna hav to wade through the house and garage cheese :D

Getting a massive crew up there anyway so it will be a laugh whichever way it goes.

Went to the final and I must say it wern't a bad night. I got picked to play the last set which was pleasing. The first geeza played hard house and it remined me how shit and boring it really is. The second bloke from Ely played some ray keith style dnb that went down quite well. Next up was a garage cheesemaster, all his mates crowded round the dex and shouted bouuu at him...he was from March so most of the town was probally there. I couldn't help cracking up at one point, but to be fair to him his mixing was average.

Next up was me, I played quite dark which managed to scare a few. Didn't get round to do any scratchin caus there were sluggish 1210's there. Anyway I didn't win but got runner up, I think the garage won on crowd appriciation. So I thought I missed out the money and the place on the agency, but the promoter said I'd be on the agency anyway :) All in all worth 3 trips to March.

Back
Top Bottom