DJ Comp Section Suggestions

That could definitely work. At least with the "likes" it eradicates any biased with the judge until they listen to the 5 mixes with the highest likes.

Yeah, I like that. We'll give it a go.
Ah hang on. Lets say you do a mix Stu and your mix is one of the 5 and your the judge... Your gonna pick your own mix, well you actually wouldn't but then yours could be the best of them. We would need to pick someone who doesn't make the cut or didn't do a mix. I'm not gonna do one this month so I could always pick.

Ah hang on. Lets say you do a mix Stu and your mix is one of the 5 and your the judge... Your gonna pick your own mix, well you actually wouldn't but then yours could be the best of them. We would need to pick someone who doesn't make the cut or didn't do a mix. I'm not gonna do one this month so I could always pick.

We can have a member in place each month, and if it looks increasingly likely that their mix will be in the top 5, then we can swap them out for someone else. Most people don't upload a mix once a month, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Ah yea I agree with that. Just need to make sure one of the regulars hasn't posted a mix (or isn't in the top 5) and could possibly judge.

We can have a member in place each month, and if it looks increasingly likely that their mix will be in the top 5, then we can swap them out for someone else. Most people don't upload a mix once a month, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Yea it could work regardless, I guess the judge doesn't have to be fixed until the amount of likes are totalled up.

Sound. Was just going to stat the fred but its not allowed at present. It should be only myself that can start new freds in this section but I can't at the min. Asked @dnbforum to have a pat butchers. Hold tight.

Thanks @dnbforum.

Submission thread now in existence. Get your entries in.

Any Q's give me a shout.

Nice one mate.

Just one thing, do you reckon it's better to collect the likes on the comp thread, or on the individual mix's threads? If it's on the original threads, then some people will effectively vote without realising it! If it's all done in the comp thread, it might not get the right amount of traffic.

People will listen to a mix, then have to go to the comps section in order to vote - which I think longs it out.

just a thought, and don't know if the thought makes sense

Yeah in the submissions thread.
I'd update your initial members mix thread to say "vote for my mix to win by going here (insert link to submission post) and click like on the post"

We'll see how that works.

@Teddy i think we might need a sticky in the Members Mixes section as well - just with a link to the submissions thread. Doesn't seem to be getting much interaction

Who would be up for another little comp or collection of mixes?
A few of us came up with the idea of having DJ's pair up and make a mixtape between them.
Example user A and user B pair up.
User A mixes 3 tracks - passes to User B to mix 3 tracks and so on until is X in length/number of tracks.
Can do themes of some sort if desired simply user choice.

I think most people want to do jamp up classics with plenty or Machete X Senior Happy VIP Remix.
I know i'm personally foaming at the gash just thinking about it.
If you don't already have "Machete X Senior Happy VIP" its available for free dl here

Cheers guys. If anyone else is interested in taking part, share your interest below and i'll find a way to pair you all up.

Member mix of the month What do you guys think so far?
We've had one successful month with a winner and 10 entries so far this month? 6 days left to enter if you haven't already!
@dnbforum has put an advert banner up for us which seems to be working well.

If you have any feedback so far, i'd love to hear it.

Member mix of the month What do you guys think so far?
We've had one successful month with a winner and 10 entries so far this month? 6 days left to enter if you haven't already!
@dnbforum has put an advert banner up for us which seems to be working well.

If you have any feedback so far, i'd love to hear it.

yeh the banner has definitely helped awareness. How many votes did we receive in total last month? And did everyone that entered vote? We should state that you have to vote (and not for yourself) for your entry to count

Also, I've just noticed that the forum used to have a podcast....we should start that up again, and the winner each month gets to curate the next podcast? That would be a great prize if the podcast gained a big following on soundcloud or somewhere

Back
Top Bottom