~!Dj Brockie dispute!~

chiller

I'm currently having a "debate" on a Facebook discussion board with a fellow member to whether Dj Brockie is a good Dj or not.
I stand by my laurels and say he is but he stands by his own admission and says hes "Shite" and makes this point in quite an intimidating and aggressive way.
Has anyone got there own opinions of Brockie they would like to share and also provide me with some ammo to reply to his posts (to make the twat shut up basically lol).

:grrrrr:

Cheers.

P.s I like to thank everyone on this forum for making my stay a friendly and welcoming experience thus far.

Last edited:
Brockie has been around for a while and has contributed a lot to the DnB scene, however his recent set from Innovation wasn't that great... His beatmatching wasn't too bad but he seemed to drop in tunes at weird points e.g. a bar after it should've been dropped... The tune selection was a bit dull compared to a couple of the other sets as well!
Maybe he was pissed or something :alchy:

While we're on the subject, Fresh was terrible o_O

Sorry mate, can't really help you as I'm not a Brockie fan either. I see him a one of these DJs thats big because he's been around for years rather than being an excellent DJ. Very average in my opinion :sleep:

imo brockie is shit hot he plays big choons!!
the few times ive seen him live hes been quality :rave:

Dj Brockie technical ability is lacking compared to other DJ's. This doesn't neccesarily make him shit, as selection is the key to a good dj. However sometime his mixes are flawed, as previously mentioned he commenly bar clashes and such like.

I enjoy brockie's set, just be because he is not as on point as some others doesn't discredit his status. Saying that I am not a Brockie fan also. If you enjoy him he is good to you, end off.

At the end of the day, just ignored the prick on face party, he is obviously just a hater. No point you make to him will change his mind, and vice versa.

Last edited:
I saw brockie at sanctuary festival and he had no clue of beat matching, tune selection or eqing (he dropped tracks with the bass still turned down lol!). It wasnt the first time ive seen him play, but it was definitley the worst set ive heard from 'a professional dj' in years! :twitchy:

Whether Dj Brockie is a good Dj or not.

Id have to disagree with ya mate (but not in an agressive way) His track selection is good but if you actually listen to his mixing its not the best, i wouldn't say he was shite but he wouldn't be in the top 20 dnb djs dats for sure. Then again i may just like different shit to you, we all have our own opinion. Peace

:respekt:

Every time I hear a Brockie set I get the overwhelming impression that he's being lazy.

He's like Dillinja; both can do some horrendous mixes but can also do some really sublime ones if they really want to and they're concentrating, and the stars are in alignment and their chi is in balance... etc.

Respect is due for his longevity, but he is kinda swept along on the coattails of his former success to an extent. imvho.

Brockie aint great technically....however I always enjoy his sets more than the majority of other djs...find he has a more unique tune selection to most other big name djs...he'll play jump up tunes but slightly darker n less commercial ones.his sets also cater better 4 mcs so i find if u like ure mcs then you'll generally enjoy brockie more then mc haters i find.

ya innovation carnival 2006 is the last ive heard from him, the first 1/2 his set is very sloppy, Sometimes when he drops a tune on a random time in the bar it can create a cool mix effect and other times it just sounds off

At global gathering 2005, 1 extra had a little van with a big sound system in, really small little DJ booth. Me and a few others came out from the main DnB tent to get a breather and chill an hour b4 Andy C was due on. The choons were ok pumping out the van so we stopped for a second to listen.. Brockie had finished his set in the main arena a few hours before and must of decided to drop by the van and started a phat as fuck oldskool set.. dropped some evil dark sounding killer first... everyone was straight up raving, then cut in Champion Sound eventually with a big drop.. and a few more killer oldskool. Only a little crowd 20-30 people but It went off bigtime...

That moment was one of better memories of my raving career (the best being 96-98 Helter Skelters in milton Keynes) so big up the brockie for that one, played the crowd well and didnt care that there was only like 20 - 30 people stood round a van!!

At global gathering 2005, 1 extra had a little van with a big sound system in, really small little DJ booth. Me and a few others came out from the main DnB tent to get a breather and chill an hour b4 Andy C was due on. The choons were ok pumping out the van so we stopped for a second to listen.. Brockie had finished his set in the main arena a few hours before and must of decided to drop by the van and started a phat as fuck oldskool set.. dropped some evil dark sounding killer first... everyone was straight up raving, then cut in Champion Sound eventually with a big drop.. and a few more killer oldskool. Only a little crowd 20-30 people but It went off bigtime...

That moment was one of better memories of my raving career (the best being 96-98 Helter Skelters in milton Keynes) so big up the brockie for that one, played the crowd well and didnt care that there was only like 20 - 30 people stood round a van!!

oldskool :word:

Aint seen Brockie for ages, always a big selection but how any big 'dj' can mix tune after tune out of bar I dont know

Back
Top Bottom