Dizzee Rascal - Tongue n Cheek

His recent shit is trying to conquer the mainstream.

If making a tune with Calvin Harris isn't aiming for mainstream, then I don't know what is.
Calvin Harris is a Quality producer, Always top notch Production whether it's your thing or not you cant deny that.

but I do agree that he's not as good as he used to be, although I have to admit Maths and English is a Sick CD, Overall better than Showtime.

with the exception of these bangers >>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWjKwzbE3yc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3HM...434056F2&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=18

Stop following me around Grinch. You have something to say in a lot of the threads I post in, then highlight me out of everyone in a thread that I contributed very little in compared to everyone else.

As far as his skill goes, he fell off after Boy In Da Corner.

Every album since has been increasingly shitter.

Yes he's made more money. That's because he's been selling out. Moving away from more underground grime and going into mainstream dance and pop.

Selling out and falling off go in hand in hand.

And if a precious D&B artist done this they'd be thrown to the wolves.
dont get your self at it brof ,following you around hahaha im so bord i stalk u on the internet forum ... dizzee rascal has got bigger and better since he started. never fell off !

I know what you mean and 1st album best. He's maybe gone down and lost his rawness, but have you seen him rocking the festivals?

He's live and keep changing what he does, and tries different stuff. Lotta acts just go completely stale once they start selling.

He's got some talent and is better than 90% of the stuff on Radio1 & MTV.

dont get your self at it brof ,following you around hahaha im so bord i stalk u on the internet forum ... dizzee rascal has got bigger and better since he started. never fell off !

I don't dislike the music he does now but you can't seriously think he has improved lyrically. He MC's about absolute shit which has no meaning and that in my opinion is what makes a shit MC so for me he has just gone downhill lyrics wise.

Like dancing like a twat to his new stuff when fully steaming though.

nah he's done colabs with: Shy FX, Armen Van Bureen, Tiesto, Calvin Harris an a few others I think

hhmmmmm do colabs with some huge names in music.....or sit quietly in the corner....

even if he has got shitter..hes come a damn long way

I don't dislike the music he does now but you can't seriously think he has improved lyrically. He MC's about absolute shit which has no meaning and that in my opinion is what makes a shit MC so for me he has just gone downhill lyrics wise.

Like dancing like a twat to his new stuff when fully steaming though.

i never even said he has improved lyricly, as a act/music artist and his hole movement is huge one of the hottest pop stars out there at the moment . cant diss someone whos has ability to transform for the masses to enjoy rather than aggy grime kids ..
obviously he can stil spit mental lyrics just u see that set smashed down when he wasnt even booked at matter with skepta dirty stank and jamma .. dont tell me he has flopped your obviously not paying much attention..funny people start to hate mc/dj/etc when they get the fane and money.

I know what you mean and 1st album best. He's maybe gone down and lost his rawness, but have you seen him rocking the festivals?

He's live and keep changing what he does, and tries different stuff. Lotta acts just go completely stale once they start selling.

He's got some talent and is better than 90% of the stuff on Radio1 & MTV.

saw him at V festival and at Glasto and he was amazing.

not like a lot of rappers that sound completely shit live, he sounds exactly the same. got the crowd so hyped.

what would he prefer to still be underground selling fuck all units, or doing festivals in front of 50k people, going to number one in the charts ect.

man if i was dizzy rascal and i made some fat underground gear, then people reconized me as a good artist and started throwing money at me left right and centre to do mainstream co-labs then fuckin sign me up, no artist in the right mind would say to calvin harris "Erm, Nah, i dont want you million pound contract or royaltys off the tune, its jus not my bag my good man" you would have to be mad....make as much wedge as ya can sellin out or not, thats what i say....and its not like his mainstream stuff is really poor (apart from holiday) fair play to the man, that dirty cash tune is good i reckon, i like the old skool vibes.

all about the dirty cash tune heard it today, brings back some memories

Funny thing is, when a D&B artist does this, I bet some of you slated them for doing it...

I'm not saying he's in the wrong for wanting to make money. It's dissapointing to me that he did chase the money though. He could still be making raw tracks, and not tracks that are quite shit and bland, but better than the other shit on the radio.

Back
Top Bottom