Distortion and Resonance

Flite

Hey there,

people always say when you want a warm , liquidy bass you need to add distortion and resonance.
When i try to make my lead a bit warmer I fiddle around with the disto and reso but it kinda degrades my sound if you know what I mean..
Some say you need to add multiple small amounts of disto and reso. Wel do you guys know a VST that's really godd quality for stuff like this , cause I feel like my disto vst's are a bit too harsh :/

Thanks anyways,

have a nice day :bone:

Try automation on every knob, I love creating filtery effects with multiband distortion plugs.

Try using more subtle effects also, especially for liquid, finding or making a really cool patch on your distortion plugin with the mix at 100% gives you an idea of what its going to do to you original signal, but then turn down the mix to a level where it's adding to the overall sound and giving it some grit without totally destroying things :) Subtlety is the key allot of the time imo.

Try using more subtle effects also, especially for liquid, finding or making a really cool patch on your distortion plugin with the mix at 100% gives you an idea of what its going to do to you original signal, but then turn down the mix to a level where it's adding to the overall sound and giving it some grit without totally destroying things :) Subtlety is the key allot of the time imo.

That's my way to do it too.
I create a parallel channel where I route as input the mid/high freqs, then add all the shit load of resonators, distorcion, chorus, phaser, eq, eq and eq! :)
In that way I keep the integrity of the transients of the original sound, but add subtle distorcion and fx.

Thanks buddy, gonna try that!

That's my way to do it too.
I create a parallel channel where I route as input the mid/high freqs, then add all the shit load of resonators, distorcion, chorus, phaser, eq, eq and eq! :)
In that way I keep the integrity of the transients of the original sound, but add subtle distorcion and fx.

Really smart, gonna experiment a bit now, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom