DnB Dispatch Recordings

WARNING: The following statements are just my opinions. I'm not saying they are fact so try not to get to enraged.

At the risk of a serious internet bashing, I'm going to have to disagree with all of you. I used to rate critical and dispatch but now they have found there respective 'sounds' they are rinsing them for all they are worth. It's like hospital but with better music, as if they have been telling the producers to make tunes that sound almost identical to the last release to feed the current trend instead of be innovative. The recent fad of collaborating with a moody mc and just pumping out a repetitive soulless bassline for them to ramble over is getting old. Dispatch's consistent overuse of distorted two step dnb is grating.

This all boils down to the fact that I love drum patterns and if you listen to most critical/dispatch releases, the drums seem like a shabby afterthought and all the effort has just gone into making the bassline. What happened to the drums in drum and bass!!!!

christ what an absolute bag of shite that was to read, I think youre thinking about it all way way more than anyone else is m8. My policy is simple and I'm doing the same thing I've always done which is signing what I think is great music - I don't tell any single producer 'how to write a track', its something I need to get better at still myself so I'm unlikely to be in a position to tell a producer how to write a tune.... theres nothing more in it than simply if I like it I try to sign it - there is no 'sound' to the label, I think this is just something that appears to be some strange idea you have... Listen to all 3 plates of Octane & DLR's Method in the madness album or even the album itself and tell me each track sounds the same as the last. I think your on your own with this one m8 but each to their own eh > http://soundcloud.com/anttc1/sets/octane-dlr-method-in-the-3/ I'm sorry if I come across as harsh mate but I'm talking straight from the heart. You've claimed it's as if I'm telling the artists they need to make music in a certain way that fits some kind of sound which along with me the artists will also tell you is simply not true. Anyway each to their own you have your own opinion on it.

Last edited:
You've claimed it's as if I'm telling the artists they need to make music in a certain way that fits some kind of sound which along with me the artists will also tell you is simply not true.

if that were the case, you mustve asked them to make a bit of every sub genre of dnb! dispatch has literally got something for everyone (bar the shitty weep weep wob wob shit). i imagine the problem here is deeper/minimal and techier side of dnb just isnt this guys cup of tea, which is fine. i dont like all sub genres of dnb either, but i dont go and express my negative views on it. if a lable has changed its sound, i can understand the need to express your views on said change, but dispatch has remained orginal and consistant in the quality of its releases (in my opinion). i along with many others will continue to support the lable!

Dispatch shogun and critical are my top 3 at the moment. Shoguns probably dragging behind the other 2 at the moment.

Yea Shogun has been draggin its heels of late. I think Horizons releases better stuff than Shogun nowadays.

All in all some dodgy opinions in here & some not so dodgy.

Dispatch has one of the best back catalogues for me. very surprised a noob has piped up about the music coming out. the fact that they can change up the style in their releases is something that keeps making me buy their stuff.

Big up Ant TC1. Keep doing what your doing.

Hands down Dispatch is my favourite label at the minute, absolute killers coming out the past two years. Pretty much single handedly brought me back to D&B again!

The only thing that's "samey" about dispatch tunes are that they are all fucking awesome.

Weird Science drum pattern is insane.

and the vinyl sleeves (not inc octane and dlr). but i love looking at my fat wad of dispatch wax!

@Ant - Calm down dear I think you have misunderstood me. I am sorry if that came across as sounding like you personally tell them but I did say 'as if' and of course it's up to the producers to make what they are feeling. I do think your label has a sound and even people in this thread agree (because they are liking it).
@Cartel - The torque ep. (on no u-turn. Look it up) is one of my favourites ever. I am a big fan of Data. Rags was one of my favourite recent releases. Floating Zero is one of my all time greats along with konflict-obsidian and of course Piper (jonny L). Get it? I love tech and minimal, I'm just bored with the current output from these two labels.
@Everyone - I completely take back the drum comment. I don't know what I was thinking there but I was very wrong. I stand firmly by the rest of it though.

The op asked for peoples thoughts on the label, not a giant group wanking sesh. Those are my thoughts.

deal_with_it_sloth_gif.gif

Last edited:
WARNING: The following statements are just my opinions. I'm not saying they are fact so try not to get to enraged.

At the risk of a serious internet bashing, I'm going to have to disagree with all of you. I used to rate critical and dispatch but now they have found there respective 'sounds' they are rinsing them for all they are worth. It's like hospital but with better music, as if they have been telling the producers to make tunes that sound almost identical to the last release to feed the current trend instead of be innovative. The recent fad of collaborating with a moody mc and just pumping out a repetitive soulless bassline for them to ramble over is getting old. Dispatch's consistent overuse of distorted two step dnb is grating.

This all boils down to the fact that I love drum patterns and if you listen to most critical/dispatch releases, the drums seem like a shabby afterthought and all the effort has just gone into making the bassline. What happened to the drums in drum and bass!!!!

Kind of agree with this really, moreso with regards to Dispatch. I still like the odd tune here and there but the Octane & DLR sound bores me stiff generally now, when they came through it was unique but now it's boring. Critical the better and more varied of the two labels.

@Ant - Calm down dear I think you have misunderstood me. I am sorry if that came across as sounding like you personally tell them but I did say 'as if' and of course it's up to the producers to make what they are feeling. I do think your label has a sound and even people in this thread agree (because they are liking it).
@Cartel - The torque ep. (on no u-turn. Look it up) is one of my favourites ever. I am a big fan of Data. Rags was one of my favourite recent releases. Floating Zero is one of my all time greats along with konflict-obsidian and of course Piper (jonny L). Get it? I love tech and minimal, I'm just bored with the current output from these two labels.
@Everyone - I completely take back the drum comment. I don't know what I was thinking there but I was very wrong. I stand firmly by the rest of it though.

The op asked for peoples thoughts on the label, not a giant group wanking sesh. Those are my thoughts.

deal_with_it_sloth_gif.gif

"@Ant - Calm down dear".... m8 gotta say with that alone you come across as a bit of a smarmy patronising c**t.... Good points other than that though, each to their own.

everyone else thankyou for the comments both good and bad, I'm gonna keep doing what I'm doing as I always have either way, if you like it you can support it, if not then all good either way, everyone has their own taste.

Last edited:
Best thing to do to calm someone down:

1. Tell them to calm down
2. Add familiarity, such as buddy or dear

Make sure you caused the anger personally and make no attempt to address concerns

Was gonna write something re: 'get innovative, write drumfunk!' but was distracted by naked ladies and weed, which sums up everything i've done since halfway through highschool really.

Favourite label in the game.
Much love.

this is an interesting thread as I have had similar feelings as the OP lately - but then again it that comes down to personal taste on separate tracks, artists and what I am feeling atm too. what has to be said is the tunes are always quality, and the label is run brilliantly with awesome artwork and a consistent output schedule (not flooding with releases, but just when you are wondering what the next one will be it appears). I know that Ant signs what he likes and wants to sign, and that is how it should be, otherwise all labels would be the same, just signing tunes that might be the next big thing. What is for certain is that although I don't buy EVERY release right now (I did in 2011 and the start of 2012 though) I definitely listen intently to all of them, and appreciate all of the tunes. This here was one of the biggest purple patches of tunage on a label for me:

DIS042 Break & Survival / Survival 'Your Time Will Come / Harsh Language'
DIS043 Cern / Dabs / Safire 'Oh The Horror / Back & Forth'
DIS044 Survival & Paul T 'Go Back / Rationale'
DIS045 Skeptical & Dub Phizix 'Silo / The Enemy'
DIS046 Nymfo / Cern & Nymfo 'Recollection / Desert Heat'
DIS047 Optiv & BTK 'Get Ready / Submission'
DIS048 Survival & Silent Witness 'Anty / Ever Clear'
DIS049 Marcus Intalex 'Stark / Virgo'
DIS050 EP001 Mindscape & Hydro / Zero T & Script '10 Years Of Dispatch E.P. (Part 1)'
DIS050 EP002 Octane & DLR & Safire / Spinline '10 Years Of Dispatch E.P. (Part 2)'
DIS051 Octane & DLR / Octane & DLR & EBK 'Back In The Grind (Cern & Dabs Mix) / Zulu Fade'
DIS052EP01 Dabs Subsidiary EP Pt.1 (12", EP)
DIS052EP02 Dabs Subsidiary EP Pt.2 (12", EP)
DIS053 Skeptical & MC Fokus 'Fluctuate / The Truth'

also Amoss 'State Of Suspension E.P.' and Silent Witness 'Magnetize / Run Time'. bagged the crap of all of them (TP's of most when I could, bring them back Ant!!) HEAT!

Back
Top Bottom