Drum & Bass Dispatch Recordings

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by Spenco79, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Spenco79

Spenco79 Member

This label is massive at the moment in my eyes, with artists such as Octane & DLR, Break, Zero T, Survival....to name a few.

The tunes that they keep rolling out are Phat.

Let me know your thoughts

2. Fallen.GeMiNi

Fallen.GeMiNi 3rd rate banger merchant

Definitely one of the best dnb labels lately. Especially this and last year they've been killing it :)

3. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

transit one
    method in the madness
    state of suspension ep
    roxy music ep
    10 years of dispatch ep
    silo/the enemy
    halo danger/laika
    monday luv/darpa
    crumble/ender
    and disltd has been buy on sight too. must be about time for another 10"

4. Fallen.GeMiNi

Oh and Raya has been a tune of this year for me...

5. Spenco79

Spenco79 Member

You know this... I'm loving that Roxy music EP, Method in the Madness album and Stano by Break & survival.

Just keep em coming i say

6. Binary_UK

Binary_UK Binary.

Dispatch and Critical are just the freshest 2 labels in DnB for me atm, closely followed by Symmetry

7. fuuz3r

fuuz3r KRISTJAN V

halo danger is my favorite dispatch tune. and yes, dispatch and critical are killing it atm.

8. DjCartel

DjCartel Well-Known Member

hasnt been a release in the last 18 months ive not bought, dont really need to say much more!

9. Scaramanga

Scaramanga Member

One of the most consistent labels for the last 2 years; alongside critical and modulations.

10. tra:fo

tra:fo New Member

my favorite label too <3 cannot commit which tracks are the best - they are all great!

11. Attire

Attire Last Winter

Locked/Mode Destruction (Xtrah Remix)
    Lastik/Raya
    Murmur
    Ender

All in my 2012 highlights.

12. J.M.

J.M. Member

Hate this label....they always take my fucking money!!!

13. antc1dispatch

antc1dispatch Well-Known Member

haha!

glad you are all liking it so much, we'll keep trying best we can :)

thanks
    ant

14. ColdOne

ColdOne New Member

WARNING: The following statements are just my opinions. I'm not saying they are fact so try not to get to enraged.

At the risk of a serious internet bashing, I'm going to have to disagree with all of you. I used to rate critical and dispatch but now they have found there respective 'sounds' they are rinsing them for all they are worth. It's like hospital but with better music, as if they have been telling the producers to make tunes that sound almost identical to the last release to feed the current trend instead of be innovative. The recent fad of collaborating with a moody mc and just pumping out a repetitive soulless bassline for them to ramble over is getting old. Dispatch's consistent overuse of distorted two step dnb is grating.

This all boils down to the fact that I love drum patterns and if you listen to most critical/dispatch releases, the drums seem like a shabby afterthought and all the effort has just gone into making the bassline. What happened to the drums in drum and bass!!!!

15. DjCartel

DjCartel Well-Known Member

Listen to any one of hallogenix's tunes.........

16. Marcus Alkemist

Marcus Alkemist

mate
    this is dnbforum
    you'll get about 15 replies quoting your post telling you how wrong you are

Anyway, aren't all labels like that to an extent? They'll have a few stalwart producers that make their bangers, the seldom known that make the mash, and you have those one or two that you kinda know but have only heard in podcasts and mixes that when their tunes are on their own, sounds exactly like if you put the bangers and mash together. It happens. RAM has it unfortunately (hoover basslines), Hospital too (general liquid cheese) and countless others that currently escape me. All labels come to the point where you'll have the occasional releases with the same elements - but something is usually different be it the pattern of said element, or the addition of a new one. I enjoy Critical and Dispatch, and fuck, RAM is the occasional guilty pleasure (as no-no as the forum makes it out to be lest it's Culture fucking Shock) and I can agree, sometimes the output at times can sound consistent with the last, as if one producer finished a tune and the next walked in, removed everything but the bass, changed the key and the pattern, added new elements and went 'welp that's me' and walked out with the tune ready to be pressed on to a 12", but again, such is music these days. Have you turned on the radio and listened to that garbage?

I may have gone off topic a bit but hey, that's my opinion at least.

17. ColdOne

ColdOne New Member

Don't get me wrong there are some bangers and certain producers are holding it down. I was probably a bit hasty on the drum comments but then again I'm a drumfunk head and am craving some new tunes with decent breaks (I can't just mix paradox into paradox all night!). I'm referring to what I feel the majority of tunes sound like atm and where I feel It's going. Just thought I'd throw a different opinion into the mix.

EDIT: @Marcus - too true mate. I just thought I'd drop my opinion on the labels in question but they are all guilty of it. I suppose it's what makes a label a label haha.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  18. Fallen.GeMiNi

Yeah, I see where you're coming from, but then again why change something you like too much? I'm not for recycling the same sound all over again, yet you can (to a certain extent) say that's what every label and producer does. It's all about the balance between creativity and preserving your own sound and I think Dispatch is nailing it in those terms, hence why I love their output. The same applies for other labels I like as well. But, of course, it's a matter of personal opinion :)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  19. ColdOne

ColdOne New Member

I completely agree and essentially I'm just not feeling it (with dispatch especially). My mates on the other hand, like you, are loving it!

20. Spenco79

Spenco79 Member

Well, i certainly set up a topical debate there didn't I!!! I myself am loving the sound at the mo. Nice fresh tunes.... you've made some valid points though ColdOne, but producers have been rattling out like for like tunes for years. Dispatch at the moment though in my eyes is excelling, along with Symmetry, and i look forward to the next installment of heavy B lines from these labels

Big up