Dirty Ragga work in progress

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Shock/Tactics, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Shock/Tactics

Shock/Tactics Get the fuck up

Hey guys, on this one going for a deep dirty deb style with a slight ragga twist to it! It's by no means completed so i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how i could make it better?

Cheers!
    Tom

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  2. krimson

krimson Member

Sounds pretty wicked man. I really like the flow once it drops. Nice bassline.

Some nitpicks:
    Not a huge fan of the effects at the start, they don't really blend into the track well.
    Hi hats are hard panned to the left, is that intentional? Sounds a bit silly. They are also a bit static feeling to me, and perhaps a slight bit too prominent in the mix.

3. vickvega

vickvega Mr. Blonde

intro sounds good - agree with the fx being a bit loud - need to sit behind the drumline a bit more - drop comes in nice but would like to hear a nice hard sub line at the end of maybe every 16 bars- also drum line doesnt change much - some added breaks in the mix could really carry some of the weight - good start tho - where is the vocal from?
    here is some of my ragga

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  4. Shock/Tactics

Shock/Tactics Get the fuck up

A ragga sample pack I found a while back. Google: "Reggae Sample Pack-Acapellas.Classic Voices.Horns.Drums.Stabs.etc.rar"

5. CoB

CoB Pure Sanelessness

always like some ragga influence!
    maybe yeah vary the drums a bit, and the bass gets a bit boring after a while...
    but want to see how this turns out!

6. Rafi:ki

Rafi:ki New Member

Hey!

It sounds very good, but couple of things:
    The effect in the intro is too loud and a bit repetitive, i think that it just need one variation here and there and it will be perfect.
    For the core of the track, the bass i a little bit repetitive too, maybe some little effect on it will be good: some reverb with a lfo or something.

Good luck its good!

7. parsons19

parsons19 Active Member

I enjoyed this tune man :)

Agree with some stuff that has already been said. I thought the intro effects were sick but they do sort of overpower the drums! So bring them down a bit.

I think the bass isn't to repetitive. Maybe just add a break down and get a little bit of bass variation in there :)

Love the vocals, thought percs were good. Nice one!