Dirty Jump Up D&B, feedback needed!

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by junglistguy2221, Dec 23, 2012.

1. junglistguy2221

junglistguy2221 Drum & Bass Producer

updated version:

old version:

i've heard this too many times to know what to do next in terms of mixdown, need some other opinions, cheers!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  2. Skuff

Skuff Well-Known Member

Only listening on my phone mate, but sounds good to me. Maybe slightly distorty sounding, but that could be my phone. I'd play it

3. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

sounds fat as fuck man, the snare sounded a little peaky though and the bass might just be a tiny tiny bit overpowering -sounds very loud and clear though, definitely fine to drop live at that sort of volume

4. GregCookeMusic

GregCookeMusic Member

Surprise motherfucker! lol Nice track man. The only thing i can suggest is maybe adding some side chaining to the first bass note when the kick and snares are punching, it seems like the low end is distorting slightly. Apart from that quality man.

5. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

I thought the whole thing was pretty good but the bass got real repetitive real quick.

6. mr meh

mr meh Well-Known Member

Yeah this is nice and dirty, the beat is hard and the bass sounds wide and fat.

I would introduce a new layer of percussion after every 16 bars of the drop cos as mentioned, it gets a bit repetitive.

7. junglistguy2221

cheers guys. def gonna change the bass and drums as it progresses to keep it interesting. also gonna put some time into improving the mix etc.

thanks again for the feedback

8. bulletstorm

bulletstorm Member

sounds pretty nice =) A bit too distorted though.

9. Datt Male

Datt Male Active Member

not bad at all that mate, not the most technical of answers lo but id produced as well if as anything guv or turno have made who sem to be doing quite well in the jump up scene, probably better than turno tbh, my opinion anyway, don't produce myself

10. rj_dnb

rj_dnb Well-Known Member

Nice tune, bring it on CD for NYE so I can play it :rowley:

But there's other possibilities for the sample you know:

[​IMG]

11. The tane

The tane New Member

I like it for the most part. The sample is awesome. I think it was a bit high in volume for my taste, I think drop it down just a bit. I liked the bass a lot too. Sexy tone. I agree with the above comment that said it got repetitive, but if you do a mix up with it every 16 measures or something it would easily take care of it. But I liked it a lot. Good job man.

12. junglistguy2221

cheers for the tips, here's version 2:

13. oversight

oversight Member

not really my cup of tea, but ticks all of the boxes. sounds well put together. maybe could do with a few more fx etc to keep the listeners interest?

14. DjCartel

DjCartel Well-Known Member

sounding heavy man, nice work. in terms of mixdown, all id say thats noticeabley wrong for me is that the snare dips a lot when it plays with the bass. not sure if youve got it sidechained or something. if not i guess some tactical eqing would sort it out! fat track tho

15. donveeeee

donveeeee New Member

oh ghosh! tune is sounding sexy! but the snare cuts when the bass kicks in which is a shame :(

16. Tone1304

Tone1304 Member

first, nice track, pretty damn sexy :D
    second, what sort of waves did you use to make the main bass
    third, i think you need to add some kind of wobble just to break up the straight bass notes :)

17. st. alexander

st. alexander Nuthin' But Misery

Sounds good man. The only things that stand out to me are the mastering--- as in, final eq on everything---, but that might be something you're waiting to focus on till it's closer to being finished, and maybe space things out in the panning so you get a wider field of sound. A good way to do that is to add a delay on whatever instrument, and to make the delay be extremely short and to turn the feedback all the way down so you only get one echo. Turn down the dry/effect knob towards DRY, then, pan the delay one way and pan the instrument on the virtual mixer the other way. Play with it, heh play with it, and you'll hear what works best.

And like others said, the distortion sometimes sounds a little too much. But, that might be something you can fix while mastering by turning down the bass on the bass a little. I'm no master when it comes to mastering but, I always find it best to master the drums (your back bone) first and then master everything else around it.

Hope it helps.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  18. st. alexander

st. alexander Nuthin' But Misery

:::In reply to rj_dnb's post:::

That shit's funny man.:jay:

19. BAXP

BAXP Member

yeah so sick mate!! get in touch if you wanna collab anytime soon :D

the level on that snare is a bit high but yeah, the bass sounds should probably be varied a bit more but its sounding faaat!