Dirty Basslines & Subs In Reason 4

the-rippa

I'll Kill You Bastard !!!
Come on then peepz. Get them ideas rolling in on ideas for dirty basslines & subs in Reason 4.

Im pretty freash to Reason 4 and i tend to use sample pack bass etc.

The tune im making at the moment im using the Subtractor for my sub. Not to hard just time consuming.

Whats better:

Subtractor ??

Malstrom ??

NN_XT ??

Samples ??

Please share your thoughts. :boom:

can.
worms.
open.
:D

It all depends what kind of sound you are going for I guess.. the limit is your imagination (or soundcard! :D )

Oh, you didn't mention Thor.
Thor has some pretty interesting abilities. Investigate the 'programmer' section, although you are limited to three oscillators max if I remember correctly.
Not sure if you chain two (or however many Thors you want) thors together on the back of the rack. sure someone far more experienced will be able to answer that one.

Last edited:
can.
worms.
open.
:D

It all depends what kind of sound you are going for I guess.. the limit is your imagination (or soundcard! :D )

Oh, you didn't mention Thor.
Thor has some pretty interesting abilities. Investigate the 'programmer' section, although you are limited to three oscillators max if I remember correctly.
Not sure if you chain two (or however many Thors you want) thors together on the back of the rack. sure someone far more experienced will be able to answer that one.

Oh Shit Yeah. Forgot about Thor !!

Yeah the can of worms !!

Ive never used Thor. Will have to give it a go..:rinsed:

do a youtube search for 'Reason 4 reese' and try and look for lokki's tutorial on how to make a snarly evil bastard of a bass using Thor :)

The theory is pretty much interchangeable between devices, so if you understand the theory of that thor video, then similar ideaology can be applied to the other synths. :wave:

As for sub's spose you could do worse than look at 'subbastard' http://dnbforum.com/showpost.php?p=545585&postcount=6 for making your own- just watch your speakers/ears!

if you follow it you learn quite a bit of how Thor works.
The result is pretty flexible too so you can spin it off and make your own!

Failing that, there are some nice bass line rex files on the Davide Carbone masterclass sample CD :)

that lokki tutorial is one of the most useful thingz if ur into making heavy ass reeces.

i use dem all
MOSTLY
thor and nnxt,

but malstrom and subtractor very useful too

I use maelstrom for bass and subtractor for sub
Automation is your lover with these!
Slam 3 into a combi
merge together
split them 3 ways
1 into a maximiser
another into a screamer for low end distortion (mild)
the last into another screamer for mid range distortion (mild again)
Compress and Eq to your aquired taste =]

Back
Top Bottom