.: Dirtbox Radio DNB Show. Sun 7-11pm EST @ Jungletrain.net :.

odj

Welcome to the Dirtbox Radio thread. We are a Drum 'n' Bass show that runs every Sunday, from 7pm-11pm EST @ Jungletrain.net. You can get our info, archives, and other random crap at DirtboxRadio.com. I also post the MP3 Archive links in this thread. Enjoy!

This week's show...

flyer-current.jpg

Here's some links to stuff:

[128 kbps mp3 stream]
[64 kbps mp3 stream]
[24 kbps mp3 stream]

[chat room]
[web cam]

Tune in. I'll love you forever.

:hype:

Last edited:

We've got more goodies for y'all this week, with a JT veteran and a Dirtbox newcomer both joining Joe and myself in the "studio."

[07pm - ODJ]
. Building on last week's set, I've got a few more new bits I've picked up and some treats from the back cat as well. I might even bust out some digital dubs that've been gathering dust.

[08pm - Joey Migraine]
. I dunno what Joe's up to this week, but I'm pretty sure he's got some more OG stuffs in the works. Either way, Migraine don't disappoint, ya hear?

[09pm - Soul4Sale]
. Soul4Sale's gonna be on the show for the first time this week, and I found his sets to be a treat. Original treats and classic beats are always a quality recipe. Make sure to give him a warm welcome, y'all.

[10pm - Heider]
. Heider does a weekly show Saturdays on Jungletrain where he and Ken-Ohki switch off week to week. His selection is impeccable, and I'm delighted to have him back in the basement playing the show.

Necessary Linkages:

[64 kbps mp3 stream]
[24 kbps mp3 stream]

[chat room]
[web cam]

Don't forget to come out to Five in DC this Wednesday the 17th, Dirtbox Kru is gonna be reppin' the DNB Directory Party IV. It's free, too. So you have no reason not to go ;)

We've got a super duper show in store for ya today, with a west coast junglist joining the rest of us east coasters in the studio. Peep the lineup:

[07pm - ODJ & Joey Migraine {Murrland}]
. Joe and myself are gonna start the show out this week with some tasty bits. Picked up a few new ones down at Strangeland this week, too.

[08pm - Delphonik {Seattle}]
. Super special guest this week is a producer from Seattle by the name of Delphonik. He writes some seriously nasty tunes, and banged it out proper last night on The Audio Infusion up in Balmer. Should be a kick ass set :)

[09pm - Instinct {Richmond}]
. Hailing from way down in Richmond, Instinct has been pushing himself and his sound hard this year, and I'm excited to see what he's got in store for us tonight. Don't miss out on catching him (and myself) at Transit on Wednesday the 31st!

[10pm - TDB {NOVA}]
. Drum 'n' Bass nutter and VW dork supreme, there's no question why TDB fits in perfect at the Dirtbox compound. He's coming up with a crate chock full of dubby business tonight that'll make your mouth water.

Necessary Linkages:

[64 kbps mp3 stream]
[24 kbps mp3 stream]

[chat room]
[web cam]

So yup, should be a damn good show tonight. Hopefully the snow will stop falling and not feck us too badly. And if it doesn't, I hope it's enough to get me outta going to work tomorrow ;)

Big ups to everyone who tuned in last night. Snow kinda *did* fux0r us a bit - the closest DJ would have been coming from 30+ miles away, so they ended up staying home rather than braving the circus that the DC area roads become when it snows. I played for a few hours, and luckily for me, Altered popped in for a bit to drop some bits to give me a break. I'm gonna reschedule everyone as best I can, so keep tuned!

This weekend Joe and I are hosting Abe Froman & Projects, all the way from up north in Hagerstown, as well as Kru member Lycan, rollin' down from BMoreCareful. Peep teh shizzol:

[07:00pm - ODJ & Joey Migraine]
. W00t! Bad weather be damned, Joe's gonna be down with me rockin the first hour and a half this week. New (to me) bits came in the mail early this week, y'all will hear 'em for the first time...

[08:30pm - Abe Froman & Projects]
. Hailing from about as North and West as you can get in good ol' Murrland, Abe Froman & Projects come correct with the finest in floor-oriented tasty goodness. They haven't been on the 'box in a minute, and I'm glad to have 'em back out here :)

[10pm - Lycan]
. A talented, imaginative DJ who tends to sway towards the harder beats, Lycan is a longtime Dirtbox supporter, and a valued member of the Kru. Biggimup!

Necessary Linkages:

[64 kbps mp3 stream]
[24 kbps mp3 stream]

[chat room]
[web cam]

Tune in byatches :)

This weekend brings us to our 250th broadcast! Wooooooooot! Check out what we've got in store:

[07pm - ODJ]
. I'll be starting off the show with some new & old bits, as per usual. Not sure of how I'm going to attack the set yet, but I'll make sure it's interesting.

[08pm - Joey Migraine]
. Joey "Murda" Migraine brings his Baltimore ass down to drop some dirtiness for ya. I'm not sure what he's got goin either, but it's always tasty.

[09pm - Altered-Encryption]
. My neighbors from down the street are going to be attacking the decks from a different angle Sunday, apparently bringing some spaced out beats with them.

[10pm - TDB]
. I spoke with Nova Junglist TDB this week, and he's got a RACK of superior dubwise, ganja-smokin business in the bag for Sunday. I got a teaser, and can't wait for this one.

Necessary Linkages:

[64 kbps mp3 stream]
[24 kbps mp3 stream]

[chat room]
[web cam]

Thanks to everyone for tuning in and making all this shiz fun :)

The 5year anniversary is coming up soon (April)... keep your eyes out for a couple of really fun parties we've got in store.

Don't forget good stuff going on tonight in B-More as well:

ODJ, Joey Migraine, Alpha DJ, and more @ the Baltimore Skate park.
ODJ, DJ_Coalescence (tech house), and nsI (baltimore club & hip hop) @ Shorty's.

Both parties run 9pm-2am, free, and have bars. Yum.

Joining Joe and myself this week are two of my absolute favorite local DJ/Producers, as well as a "new guy". Read on for more info:

[07pm - ODJ]
. This week I'm going to start off an occasional series of Producer/Label showcases with one of my favorite chiller labels. Tune in to find out which.

[08pm - Joey Migraine & Mike E Riddims]
. Joe's bringing Mike down with him this week. Mike's a relative newcomer to spinning DNB, but he's already busting out some really tight mixes and has one heck of a track selection.

[09pm - Evancipation]
. Best known for his work as part of Robot Death Squad, Evan's one of the most innovative producers this area has yet to put forth. Not only can he write tunes, but his mixes are on point, interesting, and high on energy. You really shouldn't sleep on this.

[10pm - Deinfamous]
. D is a staple of the DC scene, and has rocked many a dancefloor around the area. His selection is high test, and his wealth of energy comes thru loud and clear across the mains. He's been working on some tunes of his own recently, so hopefully he'll bring some with him.

Necessary Linkages:

[64 kbps mp3 stream]
[24 kbps mp3 stream]

[chat room]
[web cam]

Boh!

Flyer's a little bit late this week, but don't worry, the lineup is solid:

[07pm - ODJ]
. I picked up a couple of older bits this week that I've been hunting down for a minute. Gonna throw them in with some of my newer bits for ya.

[08pm - Joey Migraine]
. Whether it be chill, grimy, or hard, Joey Migraine brings the salty flavorings of Baltimore to the decks, with fast-paced mixing, scratching, and his own original tuneage.

[09pm - IllEffect]
. IllEffect's been known to rock many a dancefloor around the area, with his signature style of fun choons and the occasional scratch. Check him out to se why we call him "The Baddest."

[10pm - Wicked Sway]
. The man behind Flatline Audio and the Drum Ritual parties, the one Wicked Sway carries a really really heavy bag o' choons. If dark and techy is your thing, you should check this set out.

Necessary Linkages:

[64 kbps mp3 stream]
[24 kbps mp3 stream]

[chat room]
[web cam]

EZ!

Flyer's a little bit late this week (again), but don't worry, the lineup is solid:

[07pm - ODJ & Joey Migraine]
. Your hosts warm up the decks for the first two hours. I got a decent CD player this week, finally, so expect a few more digital tracks in the set than usual.

[09pm - Deinfamous]
. As I've said before, D is one of my favorite DJs from the area. He brings a shitload of energy to the decks, and plays some really really good chunes. Sounds like he's got some originals in the bag this week as well, so make sure to peep it.

[10pm - JSilva]
. J will be heading down to Dirtbox this week for the first time, although he's no stranger to radio. He's been part of the Charm City Radio crew for a while, and tends to sway more towards the warmer and bouncier tracks.

Necessary Linkages:

[64 kbps mp3 stream]
[24 kbps mp3 stream]

[chat room]
[web cam]

Remember - we're at Step @ Kamp Lounge this Tuesday in Balmer: 2314 Boston St, Baltimore, MD, 21224

EZ!

I've got two hot (yeah, they're sexy) local producers for y'all this week. Check out the descriptions and stuff:

. Looks like Joe and I will both be rolling fresh bag style this week, expect some choonage of the awesome type.

[09pm - Hyx]
. Through his works with Telemetrik and colaborations with RDS & Corrupt Souls, Hyx has put himself on the global map. His tunes and sets tend towards the dark and edgy, and are definitely not something you should miss out on.

[10pm - Signal]
. OG Dirtboxer, prolific producer, and all-around artistic soul, Signal is one of the DC area's MVP's. While his production alone and with RDS is generally of the techy, angular variety, his musical tastes are most widely varied. This will be another set you're definitely sure to enjoy.

Necessary Linkages:

[64 kbps mp3 stream]
[24 kbps mp3 stream]

[chat room]
[web cam]

April is coming up QUICK! Stay tuned for lineups for a Dirtbox/Upfront collab @ Five in early April, and a hodown of the third level @ Strangeland Records on Dirtbox's 5 year of 4/21/07.

Shouts to all ze listeners :)

EZ,
Jackson

Teh Grimm Reeper joins us this week, as well as Richmond head Instinct.

. Opening two hours by Joe and myself. Signature flavors and yet more new tunez this week.

[09pm - Instinct]
. Hardcore to the max, Instinct is driving all of 120 miles to get to the studio tonight. He's an oldschool raver, just getting back into the drum 'n' bass swing of things, and brings a lot of drive and energy to the decks. Dude can scratch, too.

[10pm - Grimm Reeper]
. If you've known Dirtbox for a minute, you know who the great Grimm Reeper is. Bobby's place served as our laurel stronghold for the better part of a couple years, where he and the Shocker Crew guys banged out some rough ass beats every week. Grimm plays a mean set, and tends to prefer fast paced percussion in his aggressive selection.

Necessary Linkages:

[64 kbps mp3 stream]
[24 kbps mp3 stream]

[chat room]
[web cam]

See y'all in the chat. Ez!

Guests this week are two guys that have done a lot to push DNB in this area. Peep the infos:

[07:30pm - ODJ & Joey Migraine]*
. Joe and I start off the show with the usual biz. Might have an extra special mix to air, depending on how I'm feeling.

[09:00pm - Muramasa]
. Charly represents the Buzzlife crew, one of the oldest and most prolific production crews on the East Coast. He's also been around the 'box for quite a while, and has done a lot to support us. His style of mixing varies, but tends towards floor-oriented tunes. Either way, it'll be good, and your ears will be happy for tuning in.

[10:00pm - Winterman]
. Moe is a man of many musical tastes, and not too long ago took a break from DNB to delve into hip hop and rock label promotion (he played his last DNB set before the break on Dirty Thursdays). He's back with a vengeance these days, and when you tune in tonight, you'll be sure to hear some of his signature style originals and generally rough and tough selection.

Necessary Linkages:

[64 kbps mp3 stream]
[24 kbps mp3 stream]

[chat room]
[web cam]

See y'all in the chat. Ez!

* *NOTE* thru March 24th, due to DST reschedule, we will be starting half an hour later than usual.

Dark styles from this week's guests. Grrr 'n' stuff.

[07:00pm - Darkenetiks]
. Ex forum-nazi and hockey-playing techstep fanatic of the first degree, Darkenetiks is one nasty bastard behind the decks. He's opening up this week cos he has to leave early to beat some people up.

[08:30pm - ODJ & Joey Migraine]
. Since Joe will actually be here at the beginning of our set this week, expect some b2b action. I just got a freakin' huge amount of new records this week to play.

[10:00pm - Jungle Jessi & Jukata]
. These two lovebirds bring out some serious eardrum punishment: With one half a Headhunter and the other half a Banshee, you should know you're in for some trouble.

Necessary Linkages:

[64 kbps mp3 stream]
[24 kbps mp3 stream]

[chat room]
[web cam]

Tune in boh!

As the flyer says, this month is Dirtbox month. We started doing our thing back in April of 2002... Five years ago.

Shows this month will feature mostly Dirtbox Kru guys, playing two hour sets each. It's a little bit of a switch-up from the usual format, and I think it'll give our guys a real chance to shine.

This week is the first in the series, and I'm really happy to have my boy Hooligan joining me in the studio.

[07pm - ODJ]
. Yup, that's me: Founder and CEO of Dirtbox Enterprises International (oslt). I like drum 'n' bass, fast cars, and sleeping in whenever I can (like today). I plan on taking you guys & gals through a journey tonight, with some of my best tunes as of late.

[09pm - Hooligan]
. Hooligan is one of the original three Dirtbox Kru, and a really good friend of mine. His style has transformed in the past however-many years, and he covers a good amount of ground these days - from dark techy joints to borderline power wobble. He's one of the most naturally energetic people I know, and brings a lot of that energy to the tables.

Necessary Linkages:

[64 kbps mp3 stream]
[24 kbps mp3 stream]

[chat room]
[web cam]

Don't forget to come on out for our festivities this month, if you're anywhere near being close enough. For info check out our calendar.

EZ!

Hello, and welcome to the second installment of Dirtbox Month here on Dirtbox Radio. As you may be aware, Dirtbox Radio turns five this year, and we're doing a few special things this month in celebration of this milestone.

This week we have OG Kru member Ricky Ricardo on, as well as Kalu from Dirty City. He's moving to Hotlanta later this month, so we really wanted to get him through beforehand.

Two hour sets are the norm this month, so be prepared to be taken for some pleasurable adventures!

[07pm - Ricky Ricardo]
. The man has been on board since the first show five years ago, and we're glad to have him. RR is an understatedly awesome DJ, with a solid repertoire spanning all styles of drum 'n' bass and dubstep to boot.

[09pm - Kalu]
. Kalu is pretty much DC's drumfunk ambassador, and has thrown some really fun parites with Paradox, Robert Manos and the like. Although he's been producing for a comparatively short period of time, he's already got a forthcoming release due out on Outsider as Neutron. Expect some serious biz.

Linkaronies:

[64 kbps mp3 stream]
[24 kbps mp3 stream]

[chat room]
[web cam]

Thanks again to everyone who came out on Wednesday to the first event in our Five Year festivities. A few pics I snapped from the night @ Club Five are here.

Keep your eyes peeled for info on pt2 @ Strangeland Records!

Big ups also to all the entrants we had for the Dirtbox Radio Remix contest. Entries from Nekura and 1st String pulled a closely separated First and Second Place, respectively. Be prepared to hear both used on the show in the future.

EZ!

Last edited:

This is the third week in Dirtbox Month. For the guys & gals into the more agressive styles of drum & bass: this show is for you.

[07pm - Grimm Reeper]
. A true supporter of Dirtbox from the beginning, Grimm took over hosting Dirtbox for a couple years alongside Kaotix. His style consists predominately of harder, fast-paced beats, and aggressive basslines - all mixed with heaps of energy.

[09pm - Lycan]
. Lycan first played Dirtbox as a Breaks DJ back in the day, and has since found his way to the very edge of angry Drum & Bass. His mixes are well thought out and executed, and a real treat for the ol' eardrums.

clicky:

[64 kbps mp3 stream]
[24 kbps mp3 stream]

[chat room]
[web cam]

EZ!

The fourth installment of Dirtbox Month falls on the day after our official birthday (4/21). We'll be a bit fogged out too, but all is well:

[07pm - Psykofly]
. Psykofly's been playing Dirtbox since back in the day, but got involved even moreso while the show was at Grimm's. He's got a wickedly diverse musical background, and produces not only Drum & Bass (with Headhunterz Inc), but has his own industrial project. This diversity shows through in his mixing versatility, which is yet another reason why we're lucky to have him in the Kru.

[09pm - Altered-Encryption]
. These guys are the dynamic duo of the DC scene: they push not only the dark techy Drum & Bass sound, but are also out at the forefront of our burgeoning Dubstep scene (as the Barrio Brothers). They've always been quick to help us out and pop thru on short notice, and never fail to rock the house, so we've invited them to play alongside the Kru for Dirtbox Month.

put mouse here:

[64 kbps mp3 stream]
[24 kbps mp3 stream]

[chat room]
[web cam]

Biggups Brad Altered on his birthday today. Happy 15th, buddy!

EZ!

Been studying for my last test(s) of the semester, so promo comes late and sparse this week. We've got a good spread of sytles this week, here 'tis:

. We're busting out some quality techstep joints this week, from Hardleaders to Virus and beyond. You know you love that shiz.

[09pm - Outliar]
. Outliar has been tuning in to the 'box for forever, and spins many flavors of House and DNB. He generally tends towards the more soulful sounds, and I'm a bit excited to see what he's got for us this week.

[10pm - Digital Conspiracy]
. Noisetek and Ballistic are rolling thru to represent the DC Production/DJ crew Digital Conspiracy. They're into the harder/edgier sounds of DNB and Ragga-Jungle, and are working hard these days.

put mouse here:

[64 kbps mp3 stream]
[24 kbps mp3 stream]

[chat room]
[web cam]

Last week's flyer came out pretty good too, and I didn't get to spread it around as much as I'd have liked to. Sets are up on the site :)

Next week the show's at Grimm's Mansion!

EZ!

Back at ODJ's house for some good stuff this week:

[07pm - Hitoi]
. The queen of EXBC and Upfront resident, Hitoi comes to bless us with some chilled out liquidy goodness.

[08pm - ODJ]
. I'm back from ze West Coast this week, with a few new gems in store for ya.

[09pm - Joey Migraine]
. As per the usual, I'm not exactly sure what Joe's bringing this week, but it's always something good. We might even bust out another themed tag session this week if it's in the cards...

[10pm - HeBe GB]
. Greg last played Dirtbox almost a year ago, and rocked the house with a blend of floor-oriented tuneage. Make sure you catch his set tomorrow.

mmm clicks:

[64 kbps mp3 stream]
[24 kbps mp3 stream]

[chat room]
[web cam]

EZ!

Last edited:

Nyum nyum! Dirtbox time again :) Last night was a buncha nuttiness at Starscape in Baltimore. Three out of the four of us played there last night and are rearin' to go again this evening. Peep the lineup...

[07pm - ODJ]
. Yup that's me. I think I'll be coping with sleep dep by throwing down some smoothies tonight. Ohh yeahhhh...

[08pm - Ransom]
. The one and only Mister Harry Ransom is back to bless our decks again tonight. Harry's been a staple of the local scene for damn near forever, and backs up his top shelf sets with an immense knowledge of DNB. Welcome back, Harry :)

[09pm - Mike E Riddims]
. Mike's an old school punk rocker and a longtime friend of Joe's. He caught the DNB bug late, but has used his musical talents to put him up with the best newcomers in the area. We've had him on before, but this time he'll be shining by himself.

[10pm - Joey Migraine]
. Late night soldier and cardinal grumpy junglist, my cohost Joe is back in the basement this week to rip it up as only he can. I have no idea what'll be in his bag this week, but I'm sure it'll be a treat.

mouse food:

[64 kbps mp3 stream]
[24 kbps mp3 stream]

[chat room]
[web cam]

Biggups crew... more new Dirtbox tshirts are printed thanks to Nick over at Mindjacket, and will be posted on the Dirtbox shop. If you have any questions on orders or would like to pre-order, just hit me up :)

EZ!

Back
Top Bottom