Dionysus Rex, Portland OR DnB

DionysusRex

http://www.soundcloud.com/dionysusrex

Both remixes and original stuff, the original stuff has more of an acoustic guitar feel. This project is just a few months old though, let us know what you think . Below are just a few of our tracks but be sure to check out our soundcloud for the rest of them.

Beck - Cellphone's Dead (Remix)

Dido - White Flag (Remix)

Daft Punk - Voyager (Remix)

Oedipus

Scopolamine

Phoenix Jones

Woah! Thats a lot of tunes! I am trying to give feedback to as many people as possible right now mate so I will only listen to two tunes that take my fancy. Hope thats ok !

Dido - White Flag Remix: Interesting stuff you have done with the vocals. Nice and chilled. During the chorus vocals though, a bit to fuzzy in my opinion! The percussion also sounds a little bit to, electronic? I know that almost sounds stupid as it is electronic music after all :lol: I think its the hats are little bit too much for me perhaps. Then again, I am listening through speakers with relativley high treble! Overall, a pretty decent and interesting remix :)

Oedipus: Guitar parts are brilliant. Eerie voice too! The intro was very cool! When the percs come in though, I am having the same issue, something I am not so keen on with them. They are very glitchy too! And at about 1.36 I'm not feeling the overly glitchy drum thing going on. However, this is at least some interesting work! Rather different to stuff I heard before :)

Thanks for your critique. And I completely agree - the drum sound is something I've been struggling with since I started this project. Unfortunately all I have to work with is an apartment room, a computer and a USB microphone. I've been thinking sampling real drums might help solve my problems but I'm not entirely positive. As for the high hits being a bit too much... I really need to mix with better speakers.

Honestly I'm glad you like the ideas, because the equipment seems to be the root of most of our problems. The real pride is in the guitar work ; we're much newer to the production aspect of this project.

Back
Top Bottom