Dimenzion-X : Resistance

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Mr Fletch, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

2. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

right, well the intro definately was sweet... not dj friendly but sweet none the less!

Not sure on the rate o wobble on this b-line if i'm honest... needs to be faster to me?

overall the sounds are good, kick and snare seem to be lacking the gut punch your dub tunes have... but i spose this is a 1st draft so that will come with time!?

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:24 ----------

actually... just listening to the bit thats just ambience and drums right at the end and the drums seem beefier... perhaps its a mixing issue with the sub?

3. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Yeah I need to get the kick to punch through more, gonna throw a compressor on there see if I cant sort it out a little.

As for the wobble.....I didnt use an LFO on this one as I wanted the bass to kinda "morph" instead of wobble. so I attached a low pass cutoff filter to the bass channel and automated it instead.

4. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

interesting... well, that aside... i found for a tune that seemed (to me) to be a jumpy roller, that it rolled alittle too slow? hope that helps bud!

5. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

snare has a good low punch behind it which is working nicely. kick is lacking for me personally, theres too much low end on it. personally sounded like it could work at a faster tempo better, what bpm is it? bass + pads sounds good to me tho man

6. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Cheers Richie, all feedback is helpful mate.

It's currently at 170bpm

7. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

I heard some nice percussion and fx noises that were sort of left in the background, bring them up a bit. I thought the continuous pad and the fairly solid sub made it a little droney over-all, just an impression (and I am pretty tired so pinch of salt)

Yeah it's nice taking a different approach to shaping the bass sound. If you put a 4 band parametric eq in place of the low pass filter then you get the extra two bandpass filters and the high pass to automate as well, can be a bit of fun.

8. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

I dont believe I have a 4 band eq???? I know I have a 5 band one, guess I could play around with that?

9. Protoplasym

Protoplasym Nuskool

Fun, lively... and sounds good. The Modulation on the Bass Patch is fun, the LFO movement that is... I enjoy it's Rezzy sound as well.

The whole thing sounds great on my cheap comp speaks.... everything's punching through nicely.

Overall, doesn't break any barriers but it's a solid little wall of Big Textures. (if that makes sense : )

:jamon:

10. juggy111

juggy111 Member

like the bass line on this.. maybe add another 'wobblier' type one with different keys for more variety to the track? overall gud sounds!