Dimenzion-X : Ravaged Minds - complete

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
Hmm.....not sure where my other thread went, so had to start a new one.

Anyway, thanks to all who posted constructive feedback on my WIP thread for this track. It really helped me realise where I was going wrong, and helped me build on the track.

So here it is, in all it's completed glory (or not lol)

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Fletch

http://soundcloud.com/mr-fletch/ravaged-minds

aight, finally 'erd dis now. intro is much better shortened with the sub sweep and hats, like what you've done with that. bassline wobble's all good, the switch of rhythm in the bass at 1.43ish is sweeet. the additional little noises you've stuck in there give it a more complete feel too, at times it feels like it's missing something but that's the minority of the time. like the variation after the 2nd drop where you've played around with the wobble also.
good shit!!

Last edited:
ezzz m8 tuned in on laptop really hard to hear the vibe on this computer have u got a louder mix u could upload??

Really? Its the only version i have. But the master volume isnt set low. Ive listened to it on the soundcloud account through various systems and the volume sounded fine.

The track is quiet man. You can see it from the wave form. The intro is especially quiet. Nothing a bit of mixing and mastering couldn't fix.

The tune was a little blase for me. Not meaning to be harsh, but as you're on about feedback and all......it sounded like a tune where you were just experimenting with your wobbles, and some of it was good, especially near the end. I reckon you need to get the bass a little more dirty underneath the wobble.
But it still came across as a bit of experimentation, as opposed to a tune(if that makes sense)

Cheers Subprime, appreciate it. Yeah it was kinda an experiment with wobbles, that then sort of turned into a tune. Will see if I can boost the volume a little. I'm really trying to focus on bass sounds at the minute, tying to get them as gritty as I can without making them sound like a huge fart!

fletch mate sorry u havnt had much feedback on this i havnt seen it

i really like the funk that surrounds the beat, it has alot of SWING to it... which is definatly a nice vibe.

i dont think the bass is loud enough compared to the beat, quite a few mixdown issues are apparent. it sounds like a few of your sounds have been boosted and are competing for gain in the mix, whilst cutting other sounds.

but the beat came with a punch. the one that makes you skank. its got a defined vibe about it.

good funky beat i would just be looking into equalizing alot more to make it fit together.

Last edited:
Yeah if im honest, mixdown is my biggest issue right now. Im spending alot of time trying to learn how to efficiently mixdown. Its all a big leaening curve right now!

The intro is really quiet, turned my speakers up loads wondering if the whole track was that quiet, then the wobbly bass hit me like a truck, the breakdown is awesome.
I think the hats are far too loud, really sharp and quite painful on the ears.

Man, that Bass is neat!! Loving the Pitch Bending combined with the LFO Hoover type work.

Oh yeah, that woodblock Perc added at 2:20ish is cool.

:jamon:

Back
Top Bottom