Dimenzion-X : Elements

first impression pretty chunky dance floor liquid style. crash cymbal comes across harsh to the hear maybe try a splash or just clean up the sample. During the breakdown more reverb and less feedback on the delay for bongos/percussion should give it more space. Once dropped i am not keen on the pad following the bassline like for like, for me the two aspects shouldn't be so tightly linked and finally bassline is more one continuous note/tone than a rollin' riff. Like the bit where the drums drop out and the bass goes alone for a few bars.

nice and easy on the ears, even though the drums have a bit of a crackling quality. i like the drop, and i like the sustained bass. mix sounds good, nice subtle variations. i like this quite a bit, actually.

I like the drum work through out. Best yet from memory.
I'd agree about the pad not following the bass too. No biggy tho.
Mix sounds ok, everything fits together nicely as a whole.

For me this one sounds like you've taken a big leap in the right direction. (y) Nice one.

So do you think the pad should play a different riff to the bassline?
my opinion is yes. eg span pad arrangement out over 2/4 bars with bass riff over one and/or don't follow exact profession of bassline, play different harmonic note. just my opinion as a listener mind ! i would be doing sex wee in my pants if i made something like this especially considering i haven't opened the DAW since my sons school closed for 10 week break !!

Last edited:
damn. much more fuller sound than im used to hearing from you mate, really digging it. loving this beat shit loads, bass sounds little too distorted though not really coming through properly for me i think it should be cleaner. all in all this is sick though mate best thing i have heard from you. big

i like the main break, sounds very high contrast. did you make that?

Not really mate, it's a break from Danny Byrd's pack, but I chopped it to shit, and added my own extra snare and hat hits!

Also added my own fills, and rolls

For me this one sounds like you've taken a big leap in the right direction. (y) Nice one.

Cheers dude, really appreciate that comment. I've been trying to get to that elusive next level for quite some time.

Last edited:
tasty track man sounding clean full and phat, much prefer this to the wobbley bits u do.

I've been trying to get to that elusive next level for quite some time.

think you got it! much prefer this to the last few bits you did, and you defo got a fuller sound on that one than on 'the box'. i like the bass, not too distorted over here, im not exactly a musical genius, so dont mind the pad playing the same riff. but tbh i thought the drums could use some more processing, they dont sound bad at all, but i thought they could be a lil bit cleaner. mind, when the bass comes in the drums fit perfectly, so i dunno, maybe tweak a lil bit.

what about the remix btw mate? still interested in doing one, and got quite some time on my hands atm! let me know.
cheers

Oh dude I'm havin a nightmare! I think I've deleted the master copy of "the box" by accident. I cant seem to find it anywhere. I'm trawling through my hard drives and usb sticks hoping and praying that it's on one of them.

Love that break man. You use a lot of sounds im well keen on in the intro ;) Big up!
Nice drum filters and buildup at around the 2 min mark...
Also feeling the drum rolls at the end of and midway through the 16 bar phrases

Love that break man. You use a lot of sounds im well keen on in the intro ;) Big up!
Nice drum filters and buildup at around the 2 min mark...
Also feeling the drum rolls at the end of and midway through the 16 bar phrases

Cheers mate appreciate it. The sounds in the intro are simply a pad, playing a minor chord, with a gated effect on them.

could use another element, and i reckon for this kind of track some sort of vocal or vocal stabs would really polish it off. That said, as a tune, it didn't get boring for me.

Yeah I'd like to put a nice melodic vocal sample over it, but all the samples I have are shite, and I can spend days searching for good vocal samples, and all I ever find is poor quality shite!

"Elements" - Man, those drums are punching... out of curiosity... are you Compressing them independent of the Limiter on the Master Channel and if so, what are your Threshold settings?

Damn, I like the drop!! This sounds solid in my cheap headphones. Perc is cutting through and the Sub is nice and clean. Love those 4 Beat Filtered Fills!

That BrkDwn is nice.

Big Roller for sure... I'm loving it. I'd definitely jam this out and about anyday!

:solidworkmyman:

"Elements" - Man, those drums are punching... out of curiosity... are you Compressing them independent of the Limiter on the Master Channel and if so, what are your Threshold settings?

Damn, I like the drop!! This sounds solid in my cheap headphones. Perc is cutting through and the Sub is nice and clean. Love those 4 Beat Filtered Fills!

That BrkDwn is nice.

Big Roller for sure... I'm loving it. I'd definitely jam this out and about anyday!

:solidworkmyman:

Yeah mate I throw a compressor on both my kicks and snares individually. Hold on and I'll grab the settings for ya.

Ok, I have my threshold settings at -12.5db / Ratio at 4.7:1 / gain at 1db / attack at 11.8ms / Release at 690ms.

Hope this helps.

Yeah mate I throw a compressor on both my kicks and snares individually. Hold on and I'll grab the settings for ya.

Ok, I have my threshold settings at -12.5db / Ratio at 4.7:1 / gain at 1db / attack at 11.8ms / Release at 690ms.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for those numbers/settings... I'm gonna try that myself. Also if you don't mind me asking: which Compressor do you use for this kind of Comp Work?

I'm assuming you use something different than what you use on the Master Channel (the Limiter)?

Back
Top Bottom