Dimenzion-X : Cyanide & Dynamite

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
So after taking a break from producing for a week after entering the forum comp I decided to get back into it the other day. I'm in the process of creating a heavy DnB roller, but took a break from that, and over the last couple of days have thrown together this dubstep piece.

Now I'm no Dubstep guru so it probably sounds waff, but thought I'd bleed your ears with it anyway lol! As always comments and criticism welcomed, and appreciated

http://soundcloud.com/mr-fletch/dimenzion-x-cyanide-dynamite

the intro is good. the beats a bit too much when it kicks in, not too sure about the melody either - doesn't really sound good repeated over and over.

like the pads at the start. think u got the right idea in terms of change for structure/instruments/etc but the main melody is left out, if u make a little switch here n there think u will notice a big difference to general structure. i think the break works well. also the kick is much louder for me in the intro and the break than it is in the main sections.

Damn... sounds killer right from the start... dark. Makes me think of "Thriller" for some reason... the video that is.. zombies and all that jazz, lol.

WhoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Vocal into that Drop = 'BassFace!!!'
I'm likin the steppy SD work... keeps it peppy and jumpy. This is sick!

Sub is too big imo (especially the Gated notes 4:05 for example)... I'd bring it down a couple DB if it were me. It's not letting everything else breath. That KD is also pretty big... maybe come down a DB. Everything else sounds great.

:likinthisalot:

Hmm.....Some mixed views on this one.......Any more?

@ Protoplasym : Thanks for the review dude, I'll take your points into consideration and adjust those issues as soon as I get time.

feeling this one man... really like the drums...

its an original beat, cant realy fault the production tbh..bass was a bit too much after the 2 minute switch up... but really like the track in general, the keys in the background had a really nice depth and melody

didnt feel the groove in the intro, flowed much better after the drop if you ask me. but then, mixdown issues cover up all the drum work, so id agree with proto on the sub beeing to loud..

apart from that, good track!

Back
Top Bottom