Dimenzion-X : A Friday High (Dubstep)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Mr Fletch, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

So I was in the process of tidying up an old track for Groelle to remix, and it was starting to stress me out. So I decided to take a little break, and mess around with something new.

Anyway, you know how it goes, sometimes everything is an up hill struggle, other times, stuff just seems to fall into place. Well this was one of those times.

Been working on this for a couple of hours now, just fell into the flow. Need to work a second edit into it somewhere, but you get the idea!

Feedback is appreciated as always, and I'm using a new VST for my basses, so comments on the sound etc of it would really help a guy out.

Word!

http://soundcloud.com/mr-fletch/dimenzion-x-a-friday-high

2. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

The drums need to be fleshed out a bit with some extra grooviness, but the bass work sounds good man. Is this what you've been squeezing out of Albino? or something else. For a couple hours work.......Nice one.

3. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

i like that creepy atmosphere in the intro. defo agree with subprime on the groovieness, maybe try some syncopated hats? and that basssound is lacking around the lower mids imho.

for some hours really nice!

and im really looking forward to see what i can do to the box ;) :D
    nice one

4. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Yeah its still early days with this one. I may work more on it, I may just throw it to the side.....havnt decided yet.

@ Groelle, I'm out for the next couple days, but as of Sunday, I have 4 days off work so I promise I'll get round to sorting it all out for you.

5. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Rumpety Bumps

6. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin how to change name,......

like the intro. quite like the bassline aswell but like someone said its lackin some mids. sounding good tho man!

7. Protoplasym

Protoplasym Nuskool

The PROD on the Perc sounds really solid on my cheap comp speaks... the KD and SD have really nice impact! The Bass is fun.. the LFO work is solid. The introduction of the Padlead at 2:20ish seems out of place to me. It's a nice layer for the Bassline but I think you need to figure out a better way to 'bring it in'. My cliche answer would be to get a gated Lead in there somewhere to add some bite and movement to your B-line.

Sounds cool to me.

Sorry I haven't been around... I hope you've been busy making jams like this. That's awesome that Groelle is doing a rmx for you, I'm sure it's gonna be sick and twisted:cool:

keep jammin

8. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Oh mate, I'm trying believe me! But nothing is coming together right now. Even the tidying up of the track for Groelle is turning into a complete nightmare!

9. Protoplasym

Protoplasym Nuskool

Well... then perhaps a tiny vacation from making music is in order? Take a week long break (if you can and you don't have a deadline that is) and come back to it refreshed.

Don't sweat the small stuff, mate.

10. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

drums sounding weighty mate... intro atmosphere is pure dirt!

you seriously need to turn your new skills to drums and bass mate!

personally i quite like the stripped out drums, but perhaps having a few 'phases' with some breaks or groovy drums might just make this the one!

11. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Yeah I keep trying but I just cant get the rythym at the mo!

Got one more dubstep track in the works then I'm really gonna focus on a new drum and bass track

12. Osime

Osime Official Japanese Student

I said it on SoundCloud, filthy tune, man. Just do what everyone else tells you to do because I'm not a producer of any sort. I just make tracks and see what happens to them.

13. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

i know where your coming from... i can't translate my filth into dubstep!