Dillinja Is Back On Form.

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
Messages
3,277
Likes
4
#1
yes yes!!

you know this the man like dilly is back on form an di am really feeling his vocal led tunes! i am getting a bit sick of dull techy tunes (i go thro phases when its hot i lovge the vocals!). all his stuff recentlky has been brilliant. maybe not technically impressive and intricate but definately wicked tunes!!!!

When oh when is he gonna be a man and create a live thing on the valve with all the wicked vocalists he uses! it is needed!!!!


like a heavy heavy london electricity! wikkd.
 

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Messages
12,717
Likes
17
#2
lokki said:
yes yes!!

you know this the man like dilly is back on form an di am really feeling his vocal led tunes! i am getting a bit sick of dull techy tunes (i go thro phases when its hot i lovge the vocals!). all his stuff recentlky has been brilliant. maybe not technically impressive and intricate but definately wicked tunes!!!!

When oh when is he gonna be a man and create a live thing on the valve with all the wicked vocalists he uses! it is needed!!!!


like a heavy heavy london electricity! wikkd.
He never left IMO, Dillinja is always at the top of the game.

Do you mean tunes like 'All The Things', 'Forsaken Dreams', and 'In The Grind'? If so, I believe Dillinja is on the vocals.

Wicked producer, more tunes please :slayer:
 

skope

promoti0nal.douchbag
VIP Junglist
Messages
794
Likes
3
#3
oh.... but the tunes we heard last week!! countless beautiful vocal numbers that i've never heard before. its sick when dilly builds up his arsenal of unreleased killers, time for another valve i think. for all the slating he gets, he's still pretty much the best in the game in my eyes :D
 

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
Messages
3,277
Likes
4
#4
sdm said:
He never left IMO, Dillinja is always at the top of the game.

Do you mean tunes like 'All The Things', 'Forsaken Dreams', and 'In The Grind'? If so, I believe Dillinja is on the vocals.

Wicked producer, more tunes please :slayer:

yeah !!!

i know he gets dissied all the time and i think he went through a bit of a shit period..

but i love his vocals are alway on point!!!

Forsaken dremas is cool but 'All the things ' is fukin brilliant and this is exactly the sort of dnb i am feeling! heavy but with soul!

'Heavy Soul' that should be his new album's name! haha! (hang on didnt paul weller release an album by the same name? some how i think it fits dilly better)

:afro:
 

Serum

Well-Known Member
VIP Junglist
Messages
2,101
Likes
153
#8
Dillinja is doin it at the moment, back on form for sure! Bringing the wicked themes back to his tracks
 

DJ Lordward

T.D.P.
VIP Junglist
Messages
696
Likes
1
#9
dilli has alwayz bin on top of the game imo. just relax is one of my favourite tunes of the year. didnt bother buyin forsaken dreams this week cos i wana get the album wen its out. any1 no a release date??
 

skope

promoti0nal.douchbag
VIP Junglist
Messages
794
Likes
3
#10
Dillinja - My Sound (1993-2004)

01. My Sound Intro
02. Forsaken Dreams
03. Friday
04. All The Things
05. Sovereign Melody
06. Acid Trak
07. In The Grind
08. The Angels Fell
09. Rainforest
10. Hard Noize
11. Muthafucka
12. Tudor Rose
13. Thugged Out Bitch
14. Threshold

all the old material has been remastered and cleaned up for 2004.

scheduled release date: 12th July
 

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
Messages
3,277
Likes
4
#12
Ab0|2Ti0N said:
i like that Rainforest track.
I love all the crunchy beats he puts out. :lighter:


"la la, la la, la la, laaaa....hohhhh"

his beats are crucnhy but they seem to have been cleaned up a bit now but retain a lot of crunchyness
 

zoob

Nine Bar SS.
Messages
367
Likes
1
#15
the reason why he gets such a slagging is from a production side of view, its same old same old same old same old.
wheres the diversity.?
 

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
Messages
3,277
Likes
4
#16
zoob said:
the reason why he gets such a slagging is from a production side of view, its same old same old same old same old.
wheres the diversity.?

i see it as he has his style and it works for him. his mproduction is top! and the quality is amazing its just his variation that is lacking a bit. However now he has got a very subtle difference to his tunes which comes through mainly in the vocal quality but also the beats. They are slowly turning into bonafide songs!
 

zoob

Nine Bar SS.
Messages
367
Likes
1
#17
lokki said:
i see it as he has his style and it works for him. his mproduction is top! and the quality is amazing its just his variation that is lacking a bit. However now he has got a very subtle difference to his tunes which comes through mainly in the vocal quality but also the beats. They are slowly turning into bonafide songs!
But diversity is essentially what the scene needs to stop in from becoming stagnent and boring. I personally feel that Dilly has really become rather boring. For example if you go back the years and listen to his tune 'warpdrive' for example, i think that is one of his best pieces of work, it was done years ago, and sounds no different production quality wise to what hes banging out in 2004.
I feel the scene at the moment is becoming full of 2nd class drum n bass, with very little emotion or thought going into it which is excatly what music is supposed to express.

A prime example of diversification in the dnb scene is the 6 deck show that SDM & Triple M throw down at Breakneck monthly, its different, there isn't another dnb act like it that i know of in the country and therefore big up's to them for doing it.
 
Messages
89
Likes
0
#18
skope said:
Dillinja - My Sound (1993-2004)

01. My Sound Intro
02. Forsaken Dreams
03. Friday
04. All The Things
05. Sovereign Melody
06. Acid Trak
07. In The Grind
08. The Angels Fell
09. Rainforest
10. Hard Noize
11. Muthafucka
12. Tudor Rose
13. Thugged Out Bitch
14. Threshold

all the old material has been remastered and cleaned up for 2004.

scheduled release date: 12th July
Ha Ha....

He forgot these tho....

State of art (94)
The Rising (93)
You dont know (94)
Silver Blade (97)
Deadly deep subs (94)
Stompers delight (94)

For me all these tracks should have featured on
this but i suppose they are signed to other labels
so not much chance....
Mind you i spoke to dilli at the last breakneck & he couldn't even remember some of his early stuff i was bringing up !
The guy is so unmoved by his own music its unreal..
reckonz theres plenty more left in the tank from this heavyweight producer yet !

:dynamite:
 
Last edited:

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
Messages
3,277
Likes
4
#19
zoob said:
But diversity is essentially what the scene needs to stop in from becoming stagnent and boring. I personally feel that Dilly has really become rather boring. For example if you go back the years and listen to his tune 'warpdrive' for example, i think that is one of his best pieces of work, it was done years ago, and sounds no different production quality wise to what hes banging out in 2004.
I feel the scene at the moment is becoming full of 2nd class drum n bass, with very little emotion or thought going into it which is excatly what music is supposed to express.

A prime example of diversification in the dnb scene is the 6 deck show that SDM & Triple M throw down at Breakneck monthly, its different, there isn't another dnb act like it that i know of in the country and therefore big up's to them for doing it.

true true!

but i think he is better than he used to be for sure. You cant really say his producing hasnt got better..cos when u are in a studio knocking out tunes all the time u r bound to get better (unless u produce hardhouse!). I think he is the king of vocal led tunes!
 
Top