Dillinja - Hard Noize (Break remix) - release date

word. that's encouraging to hear. if i remember correctly the pre-order for the vinyl through bandcamp also came with a link to download it in digital format as well. i hope you've got that to hold you over until your record arrives. both tracks are fantastic and everyone who has copped this on wax is singing the pressing's praises highly.
Well get this my foul play album shipped yesterday and I got it today got the hard noise email Friday still not received it any one received it from Bandcamp yet?

oddly, when i went to pre-order the vinyl on bandcamp it wanted £11 for shipping, on top of the price for the record. the shipping cost more than the record. in the UK. i couldn't fucking believe it.

when i showed this to people they all told me to do my pre-order through a couple of online record shops instead, as the shipping was dramatically (as in £7) less. in the same country. i placed a mock order on 2 sites that were suggested to me and the shipping really was seven entire pounds less. on both sites.

something about that doesn't make sense. when i worked for a distro many years ago it cost the same amount of money by weight to ship to HMVs or independent shops. the weight rate ever changed whether it went to big chains or smaller more personal shops.

would really like to understand why that discrepancy in shipping cost existed with this release. because it's not like the distro would have shipped them to Dillinja first then had Dillinja send them on, it just doesn't work that way. all the orders, through bandcamp or online record shops, would have come through the same channels of production/manufacture/dispatch.

i want to directly support the labels and the artists but i cannot pretend that this bizarre shipping price through bandcamp didn't put me entirely off buying the vinyl. it was literally that cost prohibitive. and from the sounds of things around the internet a lot of people who supported this through bandcamp have still not received their record but those who purchased from online record shops had the wax in their hands on time.
Bandcamp is definitely dependent on label. I ordered a Commercial Suicide plate a month from it or so ago, signature and return address on it was Klute’s

oddly, when i went to pre-order the vinyl on bandcamp it wanted £11 for shipping, on top of the price for the record. the shipping cost more than the record. in the UK. i couldn't fucking believe it.

when i showed this to people they all told me to do my pre-order through a couple of online record shops instead, as the shipping was dramatically (as in £7) less. in the same country. i placed a mock order on 2 sites that were suggested to me and the shipping really was seven entire pounds less. on both sites.
this is a big reason why I don't/can't justify buying from Bandcamp a lot of the time. Would love to support the label direct, but my pocket isn't deep enough for that 😢

only just checked this... more 'refix' than remix to me. same drop. a few trendy fills... hmm. (donn't hurrt mee)

2006-08 era break is my fav by far. his stuff on the 2 quarantine comps and dnaudio Hard Times lp is quality. since then only a handful of tunes have grabbed me tbh

100% agree

Very impressive production quality and fancy edits on the Hard Noize remix, but I'd still take the brutal simplicity of the original any day. Prefer the second drop on break's version over the original second drop though, I always mixed out of Hard Noize before that part

I like Tubes better out of the two

this is a big reason why I don't/can't justify buying from Bandcamp a lot of the time. Would love to support the label direct, but my pocket isn't deep enough for that 😢

Same here but with label stores for me. I've never bought anything vinyl off Bandcamp, but would like more of the money I spend on music to go directly to the artists and labels.

I used to love the days when Samurai would put up the next 3 releases as a batch on the main label, or Playaz would put up a promo on Frontline the same week as a full release on Ganja or their main label as it would justify / spread the cost of the postage over more records, and I didn't mind waiting a month or 2 in the former example. I know times have changed now, but I can't fork out for a single release, every release, and that's why I'm still waiting for my first vinyl order from RedEye this year to be shipped mid June.

Most releases on vinyl labels will sell out in the labels stores by the time their next release or 2nd release after that is out, which is good for them. Also made my first label store vinyl purchase in years this year (possible since that ExitVS batch with No Discipline 004, 005 & 006), from Re:st for the Ecou LP and a couple other EPs that RedEye hiked the price too much for!

100% agree

Very impressive production quality and fancy edits on the Hard Noize remix, but I'd still take the brutal simplicity of the original any day. Prefer the second drop on break's version over the original second drop though, I always mixed out of Hard Noize before that part

I like Tubes better out of the two

Tubes is awesome, i've already thought of about 10 tracks i wanna run it and flip it with

I gave this a spin earlier from his soul:r release, he's done so many good tunes... Also I'll upload the ATM mix cd I've got also where he goes back to back with fierce and sp:mc on the mic.... It's BAD!

Still waiting on this as anyones arrived yet

wow what the hell? it’s a whole week later and still no record?

7AC62F2C-C218-4872-AECE-FA0E23460864.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom