Dillinja - Hard Noize (Break remix) - release date

I just hope dillinja keeps valve recordings running again.... It's been defunct for many years and the last few releases were terrible to be honest.... I hear he's making new music, if he could put out one killer new track and a remix of his back catalogue by the scenes current finest on each 12" that would be t'mazeballz kthxbye

Perhaps we could go in with a Blocks and Escher remix of silver blade then go from there

much as i and many others would love that, it’s on Prototype so that decision would be entirely down to Grooverider and the fella who helped him relaunch the label back in 2017. doubt Dilly would get a say in that one.

much as i and many others would love that, it’s on Prototype so that decision would be entirely down to Grooverider and the fella who helped him relaunch the label back in 2017. doubt Dilly would get a say in that one.

totally agree, it's more of a pipe dream but you never know.... Skitty remixed silver blade about 10 years ago and people got upset for some reason.

it's a treasured track, but what harm could it do?

totally agree, it's more of a pipe dream but you never know.... Skitty remixed silver blade about 10 years ago and people got upset for some reason.

it's a treasured track, but what harm could it do?

ok but you know what armchair purists are like and even though this ^ remix is well done i can see why the EVERYTHING SHOULD SOUND LIKE LATE 90'S TECHSTEP crew got their panties in a twist

like i can see both sides tbh

also i feel like this remix was a bit ahead of it's time - people weren't really on the level then that they are now, particularly with regards to appreciating the first 3 minutes of this remix. they probably got bored with it so when it hit the second break they may have been like "uh why didn't you do this from jump why we had to wait over 3 minutes to get here for a Silverblade remix?"

junglists. you can never please them all.

someone actually said out loud to me with their entire chest on saturday, about this Break remix "i mean it's alright but it's kinda... nothing?" and i swear to god i really almost ripped their face off with my bare hands. like do you hear this???? you do hear this, right??? i played the Break remix from start to finish loud as fuck and they actually fixed their lips to say it was "nothing" BITCH WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DEAF????

sorry for going off. i'm just amazed anybody who loved the original and claims to love Break could hold that opinion, let alone be brave enough to say that to my face. like i won't bare knuckle fistfight you for that shit.

ok but you know what armchair purists are like and even though this ^ remix is well done i can see why the EVERYTHING SHOULD SOUND LIKE LATE 90'S TECHSTEP crew got their panties in a twist

also i feel like this remix was a bit ahead of it's time - people weren't really on the level then that they are now, particularly with regards to appreciating the first 3 minutes of this remix. they probably got bored with it so when it hit the second break they may have been like "uh why didn't you do this from jump why we had to wait over 3 minutes to get here for a Silverblade remix?"

someone actually said out loud to me with their entire chest on saturday, about this Break remix "i mean it's alright but it's kinda... nothing?" and i swear to god i really almost ripped their face off with my bare hands. like do you hear this???? you do hear this, right??? i played the Break remix from start to finish loud as fuck and they actually fixed their lips to say it was "nothing" BITCH WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DEAF????

sorry for going off. i'm just amazed anybody who loved the original and claims to love Break could hold that opinion, let alone be brave enough to say that to my face. like i won't bare knuckle fistfight you for that shit.

The break remix is awesome, as is the original but I always love hearing a fresh twist on a classic if it's done right....

This skitty remix was pretty mediocre though, I can see why it got shelved at the time.

I used to have the prototype years and silver blade had a terrible lo fi 33rpm pressing which made all the sub bass disappear.

Id love to get my hands on a heavy single sided 45rpm with a bad ass remix on the flip. Not going to happen though I guess as you say it's a prototype track so super unlikely

Looking forward to hearing what comes next though!

It has been for me lately its possible it's because of the virus but you would expect to get them before the shops buyers have already got them

oddly, when i went to pre-order the vinyl on bandcamp it wanted £11 for shipping, on top of the price for the record. the shipping cost more than the record. in the UK. i couldn't fucking believe it.

when i showed this to people they all told me to do my pre-order through a couple of online record shops instead, as the shipping was dramatically (as in £7) less. in the same country. i placed a mock order on 2 sites that were suggested to me and the shipping really was seven entire pounds less. on both sites.

something about that doesn't make sense. when i worked for a distro many years ago it cost the same amount of money by weight to ship to HMVs or independent shops. the weight rate ever changed whether it went to big chains or smaller more personal shops.

would really like to understand why that discrepancy in shipping cost existed with this release. because it's not like the distro would have shipped them to Dillinja first then had Dillinja send them on, it just doesn't work that way. all the orders, through bandcamp or online record shops, would have come through the same channels of production/manufacture/dispatch.

i want to directly support the labels and the artists but i cannot pretend that this bizarre shipping price through bandcamp didn't put me entirely off buying the vinyl. it was literally that cost prohibitive. and from the sounds of things around the internet a lot of people who supported this through bandcamp have still not received their record but those who purchased from online record shops had the wax in their hands on time.

oddly, when i went to pre-order the vinyl on bandcamp it wanted £11 for shipping, on top of the price for the record. the shipping cost more than the record. in the UK. i couldn't fucking believe it.

when i showed this to people they all told me to do my pre-order through a couple of online record shops instead, as the shipping was dramatically (as in £7) less. in the same country. i placed a mock order on 2 sites that were suggested to me and the shipping really was seven entire pounds less. on both sites.

something about that doesn't make sense. when i worked for a distro many years ago it cost the same amount of money by weight to ship to HMVs or independent shops. the weight rate ever changed whether it went to big chains or smaller more personal shops.

would really like to understand why that discrepancy in shipping cost existed with this release. because it's not like the distro would have shipped them to Dillinja first then had Dillinja send them on, it just doesn't work that way. all the orders, through bandcamp or online record shops, would have come through the same channels of production/manufacture/dispatch.

i want to directly support the labels and the artists but i cannot pretend that this bizarre shipping price through bandcamp didn't put me entirely off buying the vinyl. it was literally that cost prohibitive. and from the sounds of things around the internet a lot of people who supported this through bandcamp have still not received their record but those who purchased from online record shops had the wax in their hands on time.
I got a email saying my record got dispatched on Friday

I got a email saying my record got dispatched on Friday

word. that's encouraging to hear. if i remember correctly the pre-order for the vinyl through bandcamp also came with a link to download it in digital format as well. i hope you've got that to hold you over until your record arrives. both tracks are fantastic and everyone who has copped this on wax is singing the pressing's praises highly.

only just checked this... more 'refix' than remix to me. same drop. a few trendy fills... hmm. (donn't hurrt mee)

2006-08 era break is my fav by far. his stuff on the 2 quarantine comps and dnaudio Hard Times lp is quality. since then only a handful of tunes have grabbed me tbh

only just checked this... more 'refix' than remix to me. same drop. a few trendy fills... hmm. (donn't hurrt mee)

2006-08 era break is my fav by far. his stuff on the 2 quarantine comps and dnaudio Hard Times lp is quality. since then only a handful of tunes have grabbed me tbh

lol i ain't gonna hurt nobody for having a different opinion. just that one person saying that to my face after they undoubtedly saw/heard me giggling and hopping around like a lunatic while i played it from start to finish. major vibe killer. which led to a full on 10 minute discussion breaking down the myriad ways in which i feel Break has truly delivered in the remix arena (citing Bambaataa as another example)

yes a full ten minute discussion.

yes, i have problems lol

i’ve probably spelled bambaataa wrong too sorry posting from the beach; a bit drunk on sunshine

This was the first break vinyl I bought back in the day, still one of his best imo. Iove the little inhale noises throughout:

Don't blame it on the sunshine.
:jacko:

lmao

look at this tho

623BDEB3-DCBB-45F0-8611-E7372C603C77.jpeg

glorious. not a soul. hotter than two raccoons in a sock.

(did not listen to this Break remix while pon da beach tho)

A lot of truth here. A lot of modern D&B mixes and tunes are like a Cumshot Compilation reel. People just want to climax and don't wanna watch the story leading up to it.

Back
Top Bottom