Dillinja - Fast Car Picture Discs

When I last heard it out you couldn't really hear the vocals through the soundsystem and it sounded a lot better.
This tune really confuses me, not quite sure what he's getting at with the vocals, but dillinja's stuff is quite quirky sometimes, hope it's just a pisstake. maybe he's doing a John B?

One thing i notice is because I've been mainly listening to non vocal music (dnb) most vocals do sound really cheesy when I think about it. Not trying to say the ones on fast car are any good but has anyone else found this?

sdm said:
Despite being a big Dillinja fan, that is :uberlaugh :rofl:

What I'd like to know is if he is doing the picture disc as a joke at everyone that took the piss out of the song originally, anyone know?
i think the artworks cool!
big up the ironic massive. all the other artwork seems to take themselves far too seriously. i think this is a refreshing change - d&b needs a less serious side

Serum said:
One thing i notice is because I've been mainly listening to non vocal music (dnb) most vocals do sound really cheesy when I think about it. Not trying to say the ones on fast car are any good but has anyone else found this?
yeah i do actually.. even when they are just one word things like.. erm.. telekinetic :p or something like that, just anything seems real cheesey, though i like to have small vocal things to make it sound a little less repeatative.. but yeah, it is odd like that, if peole actually wrote lyrics properly for dnb, and thought about them, i would still think they sounded cheesey, actually that would probably add to the cheesiness.. because it would be sounding more like a mainstream song.. hrm
though i owuld say most of the vocal lines really are just plain cheese..
"Please dont cry, in the morning light"
i mean, cmon people!!!!
eurotrance here we come!!!

Back
Top Bottom