Dillinja - Cybotron CDLP

Commander

VIP Junglist
Dear all,

Been meaning to ask this for a while now, basically i own two copies of Dillinja's album on cd and neither of them let me rip it to my laptop! Has anyone else experienced this issue or is it my computer?
I have managed to rip all my cd's apart from this which is quite annoying seeing as this is one of my fav albums!

And yes i do own the vinyl!

Cheers guys

CMDR

Not tried it will av a go tomorrow if no one else as by then ;)

Cheers mate

- - - Updated - - -

what program are you using to rip?

could be worth trying something like vlc or nero

Just using iTunes and windows media. Weird thing is I managed to rip some tunes of it a while back but they we're corrupt and stopped playing after a minute

Dear all,

Been meaning to ask this for a while now, basically i own two copies of Dillinja's album on cd and neither of them let me rip it to my laptop! Has anyone else experienced this issue or is it my computer?
I have managed to rip all my cd's apart from this which is quite annoying seeing as this is one of my fav albums!

And yes i do own the vinyl!

Cheers guys

CMDR

I own it and ripped it fine - use toast on mac.

Haha just always had it working so never even thought of using something else. So what what be the best software to download for a windows laptop?

Equivalent of toast for windows is roxio I believe - you can rip and export as wav.

Failing that I put my vinyl rips into audacity and that's a free program so all above board. That will let you export in many formats.

Equivalent of toast for windows is roxio I believe - you can rip and export as wav.

Failing that I put my vinyl rips into audacity and that's a free program so all above board. That will let you export in many formats.

cheers mate. Do you have a program to remaster your vinyl rips or do you not bother?

cheers mate. Do you have a program to remaster your vinyl rips or do you not bother?

I actually put all my vinyl rips and bought mp3's through a program called platinum notes. It doesn't do any mastering so to speak but it keeps all my music at a pretty constant volume level without any nasty loud or quiet surprises in the mix (mixed media formats do tend to differ in volume)! It brings the volume of a LOT of bought mp3's down but it brings up a lot of my old vinyl!

http://www.platinumnotes.com/ - it's worth looking into.

I actually put all my vinyl rips and bought mp3's through a program called platinum notes. It doesn't do any mastering so to speak but it keeps all my music at a pretty constant volume level without any nasty loud or quiet surprises in the mix (mixed media formats do tend to differ in volume)! It brings the volume of a LOT of bought mp3's down but it brings up a lot of my old vinyl!

http://www.platinumnotes.com/ - it's worth looking into.

Nice one! Yes heard about that program before & will def look into that. Will download the program mentioned tomorrow.

I've tried vlc & Roxio with the latter being a corrupt file (appreciated if anyone could sort out a direct link) and it does not even recognize the cd, the drive just makes a motor noise and then stops?

- - - Updated - - -

Not tried it will av a go tomorrow if no one else as by then ;)

Did you have any luck?

I've tried vlc & Roxio with the latter being a corrupt file (appreciated if anyone could sort out a direct link) and it does not even recognize the cd, the drive just makes a motor noise and then stops?

- - - Updated - - -

Did you have any luck?
Just ripped mine not tried but says it was a perfect rip

Tried everything & nothing works. The drive just doesn't recognise the cd. I'm thinking I might need an external cd drive which might solve the problem?

Back
Top Bottom