DIGITAL - 'SYNTHESIS' (COLLABORATION ALBUM) - PT 1

Der Ausländer

VIP Junglist
SynthesisCoverTEMPimg1300x1300.jpg

Taken from the promo mail out:

"Part 1 feat. Spirit, Spirit & Om Unit, Nomine, Kiat.
Part 2 feat. Response, Mad Vibes & Audio Habitat, Total Science, Klute.
Part 3 feat. Drumsound & Bassline Smith, Need For Mirrors & Spirit, Villem.
Part 4 feat. Nomine & Theory, Flava & Dissect+Spirit, Resound, Sight Unseen.
16 tracks - 4 x vinyl. 16 track digital download. Vinyl will be sold individually in the shops however, I’ll be rocking some pre order packages containing all 4 parts and an exclusive tee shirt real soon at https://functionrecordsuk.bandcamp.com/ & http://www.functionrecords.co.uk/
Here is the link for the first part..
https://soundcloud.com/function-records/sets/digital-synthesis-collab-album-pt-1

My Phantom Audio partner Spirit and I team up with the multi talented, well travelled, all round straight up nice guy, Om Unit to bash out a deep and deadly track called 'Skull'.
Spirit and I hit heavy with the dubbed out 'Stolen Desire' which I've featured in heaps of online mixes and club sets over the last 6 months.
'Jungle Jaw' is full of fun and energy to lift your day, or night if you're a DJ who loves their Jungle. I team up with Nomine aka Outrage aka Zero Bpm for 'Jungle Jaw' which is a pleasure as he's a long time friend with substance.
If there's anyone out there who can leisurely say he runs Function as much as I do its Kiat. He's always there for advice, he does the artwork off his own back and he releases on the label too. He still makes time for this while running the audio visual collective syndicate and design studio 'System Sovereign' , both together with his wife Cherry Chan.
I love our track 'War' for its brutal rawness. It's heavy!

Look out for more info in the guise of Skype calls, videos and some 'Synthesis' artist interviews as well."

BIG!

Stolen desire is fucking beautiful!

That's what D&B should be about! Straight up emotional roller!

Clips from Part 2 are up now!
5) There's something a touch Euphoric with 'Lost Life' and on the other hand it seems very deep, dubby and dirty! Anyway, Response and I love it and we hope you do too.
6) After 'Maintain' was well received(the Digital, Mad Vibes & Audio Habitat track on my Dispatch Recordings EP last year) I had to check in with the guys to see if we could come up with another heavy, but smooth and lush tune. So check 'Rise' for the results.
7) Klute is only up the road from me, he's an old mate, a great producer and a bloody good dj so it was rude not to check him!
8) Myself and Total Science go back a long way because we have a mutual friend called Brillo aka Timeless Recordings so I'm really pleased to have them on the album. I thought 'Catch' would be a great fit for Total Science because they're very particular with their production and Mr scaredy cat Digital has hardly done any vocal tracks so I didn't want to be responsible for ruining Sofi Mari's gorgeous voice lol The other reason I asked them to be on the album is because they're one of my favourite artists in the dnb scene;)

Last edited:
Part 3 up as well!
9) 'Fire' is FIRE! Full on tear out business! It's an awesome follow up to the other smasher 'Bail Out' from myself and Drumsound & Bassline Smith late last year on Function 37.functionrecordsuk.bandcamp.com/album/fir…oblems-ep
10) I love New Zealand aka my Second Home aka Aotearoa so each time Moses / Need For Mirrors speaks I don't hear much, I only hear the beautiful waves of the sea in Kaikoura. 'Infinity' sounds nothing like the sea but it's got a banging percussion lead, crashing breaks and a heavy amen drop at the back end.
11) I think Villem and I may have a little thing going (In a musical sense!) because I absolutely love 'Bug Eye' and I absolutely love 'Sun Bites' a track forthcoming on my new Metalheadz EP this year. See ya soon mate!
12) Guess what? When Spirit and I were making 'Out Of Time' we were running out of time, albums have deadlines you know.

Last edited:
and last but not least, part 4!
Theory is a top notch artist. I'd love it if he made more music for the cause as he really has that proper jungle vibe in him so Nomine and I knew he was the man for 'No Sleep' (Oh and this naming thing gets worse, Theory couldn't sleep properly for days so, er...)
Flava and Dissect.... Well this was interesting! Flava likes, in her own words, 'grotty beats' a la old skool Spirit, Dylan, Loxy and Ink. (and 1 or 2 of my tracks haha) Dissect loves Photek, Bukem, Spirit's nice fluffy techno influenced dnb tracks and JLS / boy band open chest shirts! Anyway they still managed to do the basis of a track together for me. To stop future squabbling I made them happy, because after I did my bit I passed it to Spirit so he could nail it as they're big fans of his. It all worked out well as 'Primal' is one of my faves on the album.
Resound is a don. What a nice guy, a great producer and engineer, and all this without a massive ego. Thanks for hooking up 'Shadows and Dreams' with me bruv! Check him right here www.resoundsound.com/
Sight Unseen are kicking it with their Dub Techno tracks. 'On My Head' is clearly Drum and Bass but you can hear their vibe in the track heaps.

Back
Top Bottom