Digital Pitch vs Analogue

Shotty

HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN
VIP Junglist
I've been looking into buying some Reloop rp-7000s and I read they have a digital pitch fader with a resolution of 0.02%

I was then trying to compare this with the Technics pitch fader however, as the MK2s had analogue pitch faders there was no limit to the resolution.

Anyway I unearthed some threads on other forums about which is better between Analogue and Digital faders. Some people were siding with Digital and saying they were better others were pro Analogue.

So I was wondering has anyone used both? If so did you find much difference?

The obvious examples would be a 1210 vs a CDJ fader however, apparently the MK5Gs had Digital faders?

Has anyone used a 1210 MK2 and a MK5G? If so did you notice any massive difference between the two when mixing?

Is it a sure sign the Digital fader is better if Technics were willing to add a digital pitch fader to their last TT?

I'm keen to know answers as well. I find sometimes if I have a tune locked for quite a while then try to speed the tune up a little bit, it slows down a bit then I have to speed it up even more and move it to a different point from where it was before.

I'm keen to know answers as well. I find sometimes if I have a tune locked for quite a while then try to speed the tune up a little bit, it slows down a bit then I have to speed it up even more and move it to a different point from where it was before.

Very mixed reviews on this, some say because there is a 0.02% resolution on the digital faders it's harder to get tracks perfectly locked however, others have said the analogue faders technically have just as much because you can't actually move the fader a small enough amount for 0.02%

Also analogue faders are prone to wear and tear and will eventually need servicing/realining however, digital should thearetically never need to be services and should remain precise.

Interesting question this having mixed on both formats for years. When a tune is locked on my Technics, it stays fucking locked the whole tune, but on CDJs, i find i always have to use the jog wheel.

Analogue for me.

CDJ wise digital works well, but I used a pair of those MK5G technics once and hated the digital pitch fader, didn't see as organic to use at all, just my opinion tho.

Nah they do as well, played in clubs where the speed jumps around cos the fader is fucked. Everything is liable to failure.
that would have been because it was filled with dust and alcohol, so that the digital pickup on the pitch couldn't read the digital track properly

- - - Updated - - -

CDJ wise digital works well, but I used a pair of those MK5G technics once and hated the digital pitch fader, didn't see as organic to use at all, just my opinion tho.

Binary - they are are the same actual fader pot themselves, its just got a board that it attaches to which controls the 0 point and pitch range, which is then switched to +8/+16 by the button. The actual accuracy is not controlled by the digital part AFAIK...you must have just tried a fucked one haha

Back
Top Bottom