digital or vinyl

the_voice

VIP Junglist
what do u think is better i have to say these days its all about digital if dnb went more digital more tunes would come out alot faster and there be much cheaper and your sets will have more fresher tunes in
tbh
its not 90s no more i think u go to face the fact that one day every think dnb wise will go digital i think
with the rise of pepole using cdjs more and
its happing with lot other styles of music i think it will happend with dnb
i know there are lot of digital around atm dnb wise but i think next few years it get more and more common
but old skool wise yes vinyl all the way very much so

what do u think

It is happening with pretty much all music but I would never say anything apart from vinyl, I love mixing on vinyl and even watching people mix digitally winds me up so vinyl all the way.

Dont get me wring though I can see and understand all the benefits of digital etc I am defo a vinyl man though

Vinyl will still be around for a while

Some tunes, especially those with a nice low end, sound wicked on vinyl, probably better (more rustic and traditional) than they would do digitally, and for me its all about what's comin out the speakers :wave:

This.

Ive held it off for about a year already..

Vinyl all the way though, nothing better than grabbing a nice bit of wax and slappin on a deck.. instead of inserting a cd and hitting some little play button..

Seratooo :)

Trust me ; )

Best of both worlds plus more

Seratooo :)

Trust me ; )

Best of both worlds plus more

how much is serato i've been thinking about getting this for a bit, i was mixing with my mate and he has it and he was dropping in jokes lil things over instramental like little phrases etc. he did jungle book king of the swingers over disco dodo and it cracked me up, just having to fuck around to do this like that.. plus vinyl buying is burning massive holes in my pockets

This.

Ive held it off for about a year already..

Vinyl all the way though, nothing better than grabbing a nice bit of wax and slappin on a deck.. instead of inserting a cd and hitting some little play button..

u know who much it costs these days to press vinly tho alot mate
think about it
when they coulkd just stick it on digital
beasuse its more easier and lot cheaper
then pissing about with Vinyl
i grew up on Vinyl like i said its not 90s no more got to move on more tracks are getting made these days
digital
all the way i think

Vinyl will still be around for a while

Some tunes, especially those with a nice low end, sound wicked on vinyl, probably better (more rustic and traditional) than they would do digitally, and for me its all about what's comin out the speakers :wave:

THIS...

I use both vinyl and mp3... Low ends sound much better on vinyl.

I remember seeing a video with Dillinja going on about the "warm bass" in vinyl that you don't get in mp3 and used to think what a load of bollocks. But having used both format I believe he is right...

Analog music will always have wider frequency scale than digital.

Over all both formats have their pros/cons...

main selling point for mp3 is the price.

how much is serato i've been thinking about getting this for a bit, i was mixing with my mate and he has it and he was dropping in jokes lil things over instramental like little phrases etc. he did jungle book king of the swingers over disco dodo and it cracked me up, just having to fuck around to do this like that.. plus vinyl buying is burning massive holes in my pockets

It's a lot, but it's worth it

But it's not a lot compared to the price of buying two decent cdj's

Just do some research into it and find out if it's really for you

Marky and Roni Size are both using it to play out and I've heard Andy C actually uses it at home to practice mixing new mp3s he gets sent before cutting them to vinyl

THIS...

I use both vinyl and mp3... Low ends sound much better on vinyl.

I remember seeing a video with Dillinja going on about the "warm bass" in vinyl that you don't get in mp3 and used to think what a load of bollocks. But having used both format I believe he is right...

Analog music will always have wider frequency scale than digital.

Over all both formats have their pros/cons...

main selling point for mp3 is the price.

I actually believe it's got shorter frequency scale than digital, because certain frequencies which can be created digitally can't be cut onto vinyl

But I don't know the reason for the warmer bass sound on vinyl

All I know is that if I'm gonna play Artisan VIP I wanna be dropping that on vinyl lol

At the same time though a lot of tracks sound better digitally in my opinion

Digital will never be the same to mix as vinyl. I would always rather vinyl that cd mixing...

Unfortunatly where I'm set up at the moment I only have space for my CD decks... so I'm not buying much vinyl at the moment (the ones I do buy I'm recording to digital anyway lol)

I'm much more a digital fan now, i find the pitches to perfectly precise compared to the Technics in clubs and around. Everywhere i've played one deck is either faster then the other, or doesnt hold the pitch properly and end up having to work real hard to keep it in. Decks get absued in clubs and imo i wouldnt wana take that risk when playing out unless i know the setup is ok.

Admittedly i do feel that vinyl sounds "warmer" but i just resolve that problem by giving the cds a bit more bass on the eq, simple really lol.

Learnt on vinyl and still buy tunes i really like, but it is just too expensive, crude format, a pain to carry around a big box/bag which is bad for your back, and takes up too much space. Bit too retro imo, slate me all your want :P :P

no doubt there will definately be a switch over at some point in the future, vinyl will die, everyone will be mixing mp3s and it'll be shit. As long as that switch over isn't in my life time that's cool, I'd hate for something as clever as vinyl to fade out.

the sound and feel of vinyl is just damn cool, and if it means being out of pocket just to enjoy that, then call me skint...

Everywhere i've played one deck is either faster then the other, or doesnt hold the pitch properly and end up having to work real hard to keep it in.

iBar! :teeth:
that pitch is about +2% out

Back
Top Bottom