digital or vinyl

what would serato be classed under?

I would class it under "The Future"

Becuase anyone who mixes vinyl now may choose to play digital files in the future, but they are not gonna want to do it off cd decks

So buy Serato, recieve all the benefits of buying digital music, but carry on playing vinyl on your turntables :)

It's worth it people believe me

vinyl is great. i love being able to see the layout of a song as soon as i pick it up! and if i had cdj's, i swear i would miss the whole order of putting it on the turntable, placing the needle and cueing up.
going digital will have to be done at some point purely for the fact of keeping up with releases - when i do it will have to be with traktor - had a session the other day and i prefer it to serato.

Buy the Pioneer mk1000 and you will be able to see the whole layout of a tune but in digital wooooo

But nothing beats the wheels of steel

Vinyl is oldskuul and sounds rly wicked but digital is coming and even dnb scene cant do nothing with that. I bought CDJs some time ago and Im satisfied with that.U dont have to carry around that bag with vinyls and also mp3s are cheaper than 12s. And as mp3s are released earlier than 12s you can play fresher,hotter tunes in your mixes. But vinyl will be in my heart 4 ever and never forgotten -,-

Yeah if your gonna play 128kbps mp3s!

Or pirated music which "says" the file is 320kbps but was actually only ripped at that rate from a file which was originally 128kbps or even worse, variable bit rate!

If your playin 320kbps mp3s you will be producing a good sound :)

192kbps are also acceptable although I'd always strive to find a 320 if it exists

There's no point in collecting wav. files of tunes as they take up too much computer storage space and the quality doesn't sound that much better than a 320kbps mp3

Mix a wav with a 320 or vinyl with a 320 and then tell me there is no significant difference in sound. I stand by my statement; compressed digital should not be played at a public performance.

i think that theres way to many dnb djs that use vinyl to just stop making/using vinyl...

i think it would have to be the next genration of dnb producers/djs that will decide the fate of vinyl...

i think its fair to say for the time being vinyl is here to stay!!!

Back
Top Bottom