digital or vinyl

Both man when we play out we play our own tunes on cd as I refuse to pay to get a dub cut in my current financial state lol but if I can vinyl all the way for dnb, but I can't get the pop tunes on record and I am resident of a yates so I have to use CDs for that!

Besides when we wanna release our tunes they will be on 12's!

KEEP VINYL ALIVE!!!!

I don't know how you can play both pop and drum and bass lol

It's like selling your soul to Satan himself lol

I got a story for you:

I play some dubstep here & there (all vinyl). A good m8 of mine here in town was off his tits when i dropped my copy of Benny Pages - Step Out. It wasn't that he had never heard it before, but he said he never heard it sound that good.

The moral of the story:

If you go digital Make sure you are using (in order of importance) .wav .flac or a 320Kpbs CBR file. Anything less you might as well go plug your ipod into the decks and put it on shuffle.

192kbps doesn't sound too bad man, but if your gonna buy mp3s buy 320s

I don't know how you can play both pop and drum and bass lol

It's like selling your soul to Satan himself lol

I used to work in a bar Thursday and Sunday nights doing commercial hip hop / r&b and house / dancey chart stuff...

The money was actually pretty good for not much work. I just got fed up with it in the end, the music bored me and too many drunk idiots asking stupid questions.

192kbps doesn't sound too bad man, but if your gonna buy mp3s buy 320s

192kpbs is not bad if you are listening to it on your headphones or in a shitty car stereo. But when you play a massive show and they have a bigger sound rig there, you will notice it big time. Trust me on this one.

i have just started to go digital, purely because i refuse to pay for vinyl anymore. £6 for a slab of wax with probably only one tune you actually want to play is just asking too much, considering you'll play it for 4 maybe 5 months before consigning it to the racks. now, even though i don't have a cdj yet, i'm buying new releases on mp3... dub organizer, nizer, nizer, nizer. (only joking, i bought the A side instead)

I used to work in a bar Thursday and Sunday nights doing commercial hip hop / r&b and house / dancey chart stuff...

The money was actually pretty good for not much work. I just got fed up with it in the end, the music bored me and too many drunk idiots asking stupid questions.

I did the same kinda thing for a while, private parties at like £150-£200 a night, would even be from about 8 til 12 on some occasions lol

But the hassle of it all and my pure lack of enthusiasm for the crap music I had to play made me pack it in lol

I just cannot bring myself to be invlolved with that crap anymore lol

mate moneys money and its easy! yeah its drillin but you cant argue with the money!

I cannot bring myself to play soldier boi 5 times in one night

I don't care how much you pay me I could do without that kinda stress lol

TO SHAY!!

i refuse to play it at all!! let alone 5 times in one night!!!

I wish that guy would die and stop shouting on tunes!!

One time, I was asked at a party by everyone to play it, so i did

And then as soon as it finished I got asked to just play it again!

Right then and there! The guy was being 100% serious!

I ended up playin it 3 times in the course of about 4 hours

This is why I still to drum and bass now lol

One time, I was asked at a party by everyone to play it, so i did

And then as soon as it finished I got asked to just play it again!

Right then and there! The guy was being 100% serious!

I ended up playin it 3 times in the course of about 4 hours

This is why I still to drum and bass now lol

yeah was that a privat function or in a bar/club?

Coz i would tell em to fuk right off lol no fukin way would i do that ha ha!

you do get people asking for the same tune over and over again but thats the "joy's" of dj'n :rinsed: TBH for that small amount of time we just grin and bare it lol

yeah was that a privat function or in a bar/club?

Coz i would tell em to fuk right off lol no fukin way would i do that ha ha!

you do get people asking for the same tune over and over again but thats the "joy's" of dj'n :rinsed: TBH for that small amount of time we just grin and bare it lol

Too much grin and bearin it for me man but respect to your for soldierin through lol

Back to the subject .. i guess digital is without doubt the future due to reliability of equipment and the media itself, and the cost & accessibility of the media - it won't lose quality each time its played, won't break/warp and can be backed up !

Vinyl is 'romanatic' for want of a better word, and i do like the fact you can 'see' the track and there is something about handling that lump of plastic and slapping it onto the deck that is class. But cost/weight/reliability surely far outweighs with digital ? Surely a no brainer.

Talking of which, if i want a really basic CD deck what should i go for to replicate the function of Technic 1210mk2, not really bothered about sampling, beat measurement or scratching. Are there any that 'read' from a USB HDD rather than having to insert discs ?

Last edited:
both.

also, technics and pioneer need to hook up and make a 1210/cdj1000 hybrid of sorts. THAT'S the future.

TO SHAY!!

i refuse to play it at all!! let alone 5 times in one night!!!

I wish that guy would die and stop shouting on tunes!!

it's touché

it's acknowledgement of a point in fencing, "you touched me"

id like to try out the pacemaker
cant imagine its that easy to use especially if your trying to eq a mix, i think that would be quite fiddily.
Would be nice to have a mix up when ur stuck on the train tho! much better than an ipod and hence the price is much steeper than an ipod!

http://www.pacemaker.net/

Back
Top Bottom