digital or vinyl

i dunno why people have these discussions it is clear that vinyl is better, its the format the mixing started on so will always be the best

If you match vinyl right it never goes out....so vinyl is better

I get so excited about mixing vinyl but the thought of mixing CDs I just don't get that special feeling

ah

vinly but have to play cdjs too when out otherwise the set is somewhat dated :(

i dunno why people have these discussions it is clear that vinyl is better, its the format the mixing started on so will always be the best

Bit of a strange statement mate, just because its what we started with certainly doesn't mean it's gonna always be the best lol

Mobile phones started as bricks but I'd much rather have an iphone these days lol

Sometimes you just got to embrace the evolution of technology

Vinyl or noncompressed digital. I will not compromise the quality of my music so I can get it cheaper. Compressed digital is shitty quality and should not be played for public performance.

Once you've got Cdjs locked in beat they never go out which to me is Cheating...

If you've got 2 1210's that work properly the beat won't go out either lol

Silly comment really, locking the beat is the whole point of mixing!

If you match vinyl right it never goes out....so vinyl is better

I get so excited about mixing vinyl but the thought of mixing CDs I just don't get that special feeling

ah

If you beat match digital music right the beat will never go out either!

Vinyl is more likely to go out of sync due to a lack of precise consistency in rpm between 2 turntables

Vinyl or noncompressed digital. I will not compromise the quality of my music so I can get it cheaper. Compressed digital is shitty quality and should not be played for public performance.

Yeah if your gonna play 128kbps mp3s!

Or pirated music which "says" the file is 320kbps but was actually only ripped at that rate from a file which was originally 128kbps or even worse, variable bit rate!

If your playin 320kbps mp3s you will be producing a good sound :)

192kbps are also acceptable although I'd always strive to find a 320 if it exists

There's no point in collecting wav. files of tunes as they take up too much computer storage space and the quality doesn't sound that much better than a 320kbps mp3

Vinyl is great, nothing better than getting your hands on a tune you've been after for ages... but...

Too expensive, too heavy - just not practical. I've gone digital and I love it.

vinyl is great. i love being able to see the layout of a song as soon as i pick it up! and if i had cdj's, i swear i would miss the whole order of putting it on the turntable, placing the needle and cueing up.
going digital will have to be done at some point purely for the fact of keeping up with releases - when i do it will have to be with traktor - had a session the other day and i prefer it to serato.

vinyl is great. i love being able to see the layout of a song as soon as i pick it up! and if i had cdj's, i swear i would miss the whole order of putting it on the turntable, placing the needle and cueing up.
going digital will have to be done at some point purely for the fact of keeping up with releases - when i do it will have to be with traktor - had a session the other day and i prefer it to serato.

May I ask why? I have Serato but I've never used Final Scratch

May I ask why? I have Serato but I've never used Final Scratch

Final scratch is by stanton. traktor scratch pro is by native instruments

First reason is the timecoding is a higher rate and as i do a lot of scratching it felt that bit tighter - its not a big difference but definately nicer with traktor.

I like the layout of traktor a lot - and from what ive seen the ease of set up and also midi controls that can be assigned is simple and easy. u can also use VST's with traktor which is pretty cool.

The switch between vinyl and digital while in the mix is easy and you can actually be in control of 4 decks (2 analog, 2 digital) which is good. not sure if serato can do this?

Also from hearing from friends i have heard of less glitches with the newest traktor than serato. To be fair though i have had more of a session on traktor now so im more familiar with it.

Final scratch is by stanton. traktor scratch pro is by native instruments

First reason is the timecoding is a higher rate and as i do a lot of scratching it felt that bit tighter - its not a big difference but definately nicer with traktor.

I like the layout of traktor a lot - and from what ive seen the ease of set up and also midi controls that can be assigned is simple and easy. u can also use VST's with traktor which is pretty cool.

The switch between vinyl and digital while in the mix is easy and you can actually be in control of 4 decks (2 analog, 2 digital) which is good. not sure if serato can do this?

Also from hearing from friends i have heard of less glitches with the newest traktor than serato. To be fair though i have had more of a session on traktor now so im more familiar with it.

Fair play

What I REAAALLY want is to be in control of at least 3 digital decks :)

I got a story for you:

I play some dubstep here & there (all vinyl). A good m8 of mine here in town was off his tits when i dropped my copy of Benny Pages - Step Out. It wasn't that he had never heard it before, but he said he never heard it sound that good.

The moral of the story:

If you go digital Make sure you are using (in order of importance) .wav .flac or a 320Kpbs CBR file. Anything less you might as well go plug your ipod into the decks and put it on shuffle.

Both man when we play out we play our own tunes on cd as I refuse to pay to get a dub cut in my current financial state lol but if I can vinyl all the way for dnb, but I can't get the pop tunes on record and I am resident of a yates so I have to use CDs for that!

Besides when we wanna release our tunes they will be on 12's!

KEEP VINYL ALIVE!!!!

Back
Top Bottom