difficult shit

rmt

i has only got 200 to play wiv, i need decks and a mixer, obv technics 1210's are outta ma range! i wanna get this shit now and not wait till i have more money!
advice?

I got 2 Soundlab Beltdrive 1600’s and a 2 channel KAM mixer when i started out about 8 years ago (under £100 each = £300) an to be honest I had f**ked them within 8 months.

I bought my 1210 about seven years ago (secondhand too!) an all ive had to do is replace the needles when theyve needed it.

If you are serious about it - try paying in installments, most places will do it.

Like klusta said - the wax chompin’ into your pocket each week is what kills it!

If you are serious about it - try paying in installments, most places will do it.

Like klusta said - the wax chompin’ into your pocket each week is what kills it!

Like Jay just said if you can't afford it now pay in installments, thats how i got my 1210's. I paid them over a year but it was well worth it. If you pay your first depost on a mixer & decks then at least you got a bit of money to start your record collection as well.

richard said:
hmm, thats quite a good idea - the vinyl issue, i already have loads lol > 100

Don't matter how many ya got,

its what ya got!!!!

I've got over 500 but I only play about 50, it take's the piss!!!

seriously, get 1200s mate. I had to get a bank loan to get mine (don't get stung on paying installments to shops)

They are just the standard, and more robust than anything. people will argue there are as good decks for cheaper. They are wrong. And if you learn to mix on 1200s you can walk into any club IN THE WORLD and start spinning without a second thought.

good luck, I know it sucks being a poor bastard. (well I'm a poor bastard anyway)

i'm in a similar situation to richard. infact identical :) Thinking of getting a loan, say about a grand to get me 1210s, a decent mixer, and some decent speakers. what mixers/speakers do you recommend? anything else i need except the obvious (cables)

mmm it would be cool, but ive already borrowed waay too much off my parents for other sound stuff, 750watt channel amp was expensive enough :S

just get the 1210s on a finance arrangement. but u dont neccesarily have to get 1210s, u can get vestax pdx2000's for about £250 a piece now, whereas tech's still keep prices up. altho i woz quite lucky and picked up a pair of mk3s for only £600.

Back
Top Bottom