difficult shit

richard said:
numark tt-1510 nope - belt drive :(

they were the decks i learnt to mix on, like he said: they aint bad but they sure as hell aint technics. fair doos though, i got two of em and a mixer for 200 quid so cant complain.

Ive had my Numark 1910's for about 3 years now. Only had to replace the carts and needles. Had to resolder one of the wires to the sound input on the inside, sister broke it!! Works fine now, good sound once again!8)

mine came with all the works. so all i had to do was plug it in. Got drunk and smashed the polystyrene packaging over my mates head when he was coma'd which makes transporting pretty hard but meh. I haven't had any problems with mine, and mixing's getting easier by the day :) :P :cool:

its a good feelin havin ur first pair of decks and lovin it. shame its wiped u outta money tho! as for payin for vinyl, when ur good enuff to get payed reguarly for gigs u can claim money back off the government under 'buisness expenses'. so save them receipts! and as for when ur as good and famous as the likes of andy c and others ul hardly hav to pay for any as ul hav 100's of records arrivin on ur doorstep every day from record companies wantin theyre tunes to get played out! the morale of the story is, practice, get better, and spend less money! good luck to ya mate :2thumbs:

get a job guys and work for them, satisfaction in the long run of getting something for yourself will be far greater.

why the 750w amp tho?

I started off with numarks and a numark mixer,

but honestly within 6 weeks I was fed up with the pitch and practising on technics at a friends house, I just started saving for technics. I would wait, save up, get maybe a 2nd hand pair, its honestly worth the wait.

I was lucky I havent ever bought my equipment, my boss sponsored me with my gear, and when my nanna died she left me some money so I bought a zone 464 mixer which rocks !

Try and find a nice member of the family !

Richard, I havent read all of this thread but seriously dude, if you want decks then its best to save for the ones that will benefit you the most... I mean get a pair of 1200's or PDX 2000's (which i swear by)!!! All tjo the initiall outlay of dosh is high the end returns is more than worth it1!! For one you have equipment that either meets or exceeds that standards of the insudstry and two you are getting relative experience each time you mix!!!

Prefferably i would go the PDX 2000's as they are the craziest turntable i have yet to work with! i myself own a pair and am yet to regret my decision into getting these over 1200's but hey, ifg you want to join the conformist community!!! you cant really go wrong apart from shit start times and speed adjust :clown:

Back
Top Bottom