DnB Different type of jump up

the drums are very static and dry

Agree with this.

Enjoyed the sub bass and the movement in the baseline but the drums let it down. Had trouble identifying anything other than a single kick and a snare for nearly the first 2.5 minutes. Enjoyed the atmosphere and general eeriness of the whole thing but felt it was lacking in a little flow and structure. Work on those drums and its got some potential.

I think you should try revisiting the kick / snare patterns... The flow of the beat is questionable. A bit of EQ on the drum hits to give them strength wouldn't hurt either.
Some of your basslines are traditionnal and efficient, some are experimental and innovative, i guess i could say it's the ideal mix.

I like the intro, the vocal is very nice loving that as well as that weird filtered synth in the background. The kick is a little dirty imo, but that's just part of your style I guess, I love my drums a little more clean and defined. For the drop man that bass has some groove! Loving it however I do feel every now and then you should get some more highend in the bass, this could probably be done by just adding some foley sound on top of the bass to spice it up a bit. Other than that, very solid work my friend!

Oh and btw, good to be back here... it's been a while! :D

Back
Top Bottom