Did Netsky clear the vocal samples he used in his album "Netsky?"

alaska

This has always made me curious... I find it rather hard to believe that he got the permission rights to use the vocals of "The Temptations" and "Marvin Gaye." Isn't it illegal to use samples without permission? How did he get away with using samples from such prolific artists?

I'm surprised I've seen no thread on this issue.

its coz netsky is laughable and nobody cares about sample clearance
do you think the winstons gave permission to anyone to sample their track

I'm not sure how does this kind of thing work, but I'd say he (or Hospital) got in touch with the owner of those rights (be it artist, artist and label, whoever else) and agreed on some terms (meaning he might have payed them or had to credit them in the release info, probably both).

I'm surprised I've seen no thread on this issue.

yes this thread is badly needed.

it's a pressing issue of ultimate urgency.

if he didn't clear samples then he needs to be dragged through the streets, hung from a lampost and shot at dawn, like they did with stalin.

how dare he use part of other people's songs in his own tunes.

the sick, thieving bastard.

yes ur right, i was wrong to suggest that the winstons have been sampled more in drum and bass than marvin gaye
what was i thinking

No, I see credits for Marvin Gaye, The Temptations, Radiohead etc.

if they're credited then the sample was cleared.

threads gone on too long.

04.jpg

alaska has a point, no need to be hostile and trash his argument. maybe it's hospital's pulling power, or the samples aren't prominent enough to be all that noticeable to the discerning ear

Back
Top Bottom