Did anyone else think that Fabio & Grooveriders set at EXITFEST 2009 was terrible?

smally

I am yet to hear a good word about the set to date.

I was at the festival but missed the set, but heard that everything from the sound levels to the general mixing and tune selection was terrible from the both of them.

I knew that the main stage there had an awesome soundsystem that leads me to think it was all their fault.

I'm not cussing rele, just wanna know if it was as bad as everyone said it was, cos I heard some pretty harsh thing.

Smally

Re: Did anyone else think that Fabio & Grooveriders set at EXITFEST 2009 was terrible

yeah was there ...was really shit 90% of old tunes everybody heard 1000times and there were no tight mixing after everysong there was an fucking intro 2 the next tune

but heard few new tunes they were heavy..

on sunday i saw bryan g and kenny ken with skibba they were good!

Re: Did anyone else think that Fabio & Grooveriders set at EXITFEST 2009 was terrible

i saw these dudes there
3iscjq6d7nvygghme2vxyj64s.jpg

on sunday i saw bryan g and kenny ken with skibba they were good!

Yes, mate. Same. Kenny Ken In particular, had bare jokes and the vibes.

You witness the carnage during the andy c set. Sum dude started tripping and attacked a mate of mine and it kicked off, when GQ had to stop the set. This guy was deranged, took bare peeps to hold him down. Security did nothing. Mugs.

Smally

ha that was one of yours guys
i was in the middle at the front when they stopt the music...but gq reacted very cool when he sad that he will come down and smack him with the microphone...

I apologise, lol. But seriously, whatever this other guy was on was leathal, he was just throwing up repeatedly then lashing out. Sumone had to do sumthing.

GQ was a legend about it.

Smally

was a shit set, then again grooverider ALWAYS does a shit set!! hes pants, and the cunt requests 1300 a set, please!!

was a shit set, then again grooverider ALWAYS does a shit set!! hes pants, and the cunt requests 1300 a set, please!!

i think thats coz he's earn't that through the years of djing, last playaz he was alright, i think his mixing aint always up ot scratch coz he doesn't plan his sets he jsut goes with the flow , andy c and friction and incredible dj's but i swear they plan there sets or have certain songs in a certain routine...

however fabio at markey and friends held his own with markey, he dropped some classic jungle like atlantis and others like true romance vip which for me who ever drops that in a set its one of the best dj's of the night for me!!!

Wernt there Matt but at innovation (in the sun) they both played seperately and fucking killed it. Rediscovered my love for fabio big time!!!!

Yes, mate. Same. Kenny Ken In particular, had bare jokes and the vibes.

You witness the carnage during the andy c set. Sum dude started tripping and attacked a mate of mine and it kicked off, when GQ had to stop the set. This guy was deranged, took bare peeps to hold him down. Security did nothing. Mugs.

Smally

fuck that was one of your mate, gq went mad, there was alot of aggro at the front, some nutter who looked bout 14 took out like 5 people nutter of a pikey!

fuck that was one of your mate, gq went mad, there was alot of aggro at the front, some nutter who looked bout 14 took out like 5 people nutter of a pikey!

Yeh, mate. And the dude this nutter hit never normally switches either, most quiet guy of our group but this guy was FUCKED!!! We tried telling the serbian sercurity at the front of the stage and he didnt want to know. just kept shaking his head. Lo' and behold, it happened again and GQ had to stop it again. I blame the security as much and the dickhead.

Smally

security was probably scared.
they are there to look big but probably half of them couldnt take adecent punch to the face.

worst set i can ever remember seeing. Shit sound, terrible mixing, and a awful track selection.

Pendulum? WHAT?

Did make me laugh when Fabio dropped Spor - Aztec for the full duration, then 4 tracks later dropped the entire tune again.

FAIL.

I'm gnna put my neck on the line with this, I think they're set wasnt as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Yes the sound was shit but that was the set up because grooverider actually had to go backstage with jakes to sort it out, afterwards it was sorted.. and then they played until 7am!! Raving into the morning light is amazing.
Yes their mixing was poor but thats kinda to be expected, I think they're selection was good for the festival where there were limited dnb heads and so bait tunes needed to be played to get everyone to come.. And maybe their tunes were played for too long but turning a 2 hour set into a 3 hour set with no notice, even when you are at the top level, can't be easy so I think we should give them a break.. Besides people were still moving to them and surely thats the main thing

security was probably scared.
they are there to look big but probably half of them couldnt take adecent punch to the face.
You would think that but the average height for a serbian is 6.2 and I really wouldnt want to try test one on the street, let alone security.. They would literally rape you, and then send you to the crooked cops then you really would be fucked

Did make me laugh when Fabio dropped Spor - Aztec for the full duration, then 4 tracks later dropped the entire tune again.

FAIL.

ha! that's rough...wonder what the hell he was thinking?

You would think that but the average height for a serbian is 6.2 and I really wouldnt want to try test one on the street, let alone security.. They would literally rape you, and then send you to the crooked cops then you really would be fucked

Didn't matter how big these serbs were on the street, inside it was like showing a mouse to an elephant. These guys were running scared of sum messed up crackhead. Looks can be deceiving. The shud man up.

F&G couldn't of contented with the Subfocus set anyway, it was always never gonna compare. Marky too...
Smally

I'm gnna put my neck on the line with this, I think they're set wasnt as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Yes the sound was shit but that was the set up because grooverider actually had to go backstage with jakes to sort it out, afterwards it was sorted.. and then they played until 7am!! Raving into the morning light is amazing.
Yes their mixing was poor but thats kinda to be expected, I think they're selection was good for the festival where there were limited dnb heads and so bait tunes needed to be played to get everyone to come.. And maybe their tunes were played for too long but turning a 2 hour set into a 3 hour set with no notice, even when you are at the top level, can't be easy so I think we should give them a break.. Besides people were still moving to them and surely thats the main thing

'low tryna defend it. Played an extra hour because the first hour was filled with no volume, sudden cut outs, and zero bass on tunes that actually did play.

Get real.

Personally I saw security break someone's arm and smack someone's head into a wall a couple of times. They seemed to be more there to abuse than protect...although I don't know exactly what those people had done thought it was a bit extreme in an otherwise pretty happy festival.

Really, I can take a stab at who it was. Did the person then fail to be able to mix later that evening?? You know who.....
Smally

Back
Top Bottom