Diary of your Choice

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by RUSSLA, Sep 6, 2010.

1. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Been working on this the past few days, still learning a shit load as I go, bouncing back off peoples comments and so on..

Pretty basic but I'm guna move on progress rather than spend weeks and weeks on a single tune and go insane lol!

Criticism most welcome (y)

2. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Intro sounds good but everything sounds just too "centered" if you get what I mean?

Best advice I got once was to imagine you are creating a soundscape, with somesounds behind you, to the left, right, and infront. If you can get to grips with this idea you can really use it to create an atmosphere in a track.

Get that going on this track and you got a banger, cos when it drops, with the sounds in the right place this would be huge!

3. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Yeah dude I never thought about that, new to all this so perfect advice! Thanks man, I think i know what to do to make it better :) Cheers for the comments!

4. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

not a fan of panning myself, dont actually use it on any of my tracks... maybe thats why they dont sound so full...
    :teeth:
    personally im feeling this tune mate, got a sick vibe to it, the drum break sounds too flat to me though!

5. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Ah cool man, glad you like it.. Really didnt think people would dig this lol - Very self-critical... Will take a look at the drum break - to reduce that shall i make it brighter or more tonal?

6. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

i just thought it was a little thin mate, maybe take the cutoff point down a bit on ur high pass or something, dont know what will work best for you tho!

7. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Righto, i know what you mean.. will thicken it up a bit and see how it goes (y)

8. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin how to change name,......

i was suprised by this man i know u aint been producing long! nice bassline and intro. drums sound snappy too... get a bit repetetive, maybe some more automation the bassline and holding the notes for longer... cos its pretty gritty as it is, feel like its got potential to go real heavy and gritty!

9. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Wicked mate nice one! Thanks for the automation tip, again didnt even think about that so all these comments are beneficial :) What type of things should I automate - cutoffs, filters, volume? If you don't mind me asking lol!

10. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin how to change name,......

not volume generally... i find frequency on the filters are good one to automate but reli just play with all of them to see what changes the sound, what might seem like really harssh sounds at first if automated subtley u can create a whole new groove and feel to the bassline, i use reason so i generally just play with thor and the different filters i have inside it!

11. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Ok sweet i'll have a bash at that this evening (y)

12. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Any more comments peeps? :)

13. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch