Detonate/RaveTrent Competition Mix (Feat. June Miller x Break x Splinline etc)

Floating Hunter

VIP Junglist
Been an age since i posted a mix here so here's an update of my selection.

DNBSHARE Link:
http://dnbshare.com/download/Ravetrent_Competition_Draft1_Bits.mp3.html

Its for a competition as well, so all of you soundclouders any feedback, favourites & comments would be much appreciated :2thumbs:

Done on 2 x Technics 1210mk2; Traktor Scratch Duo w Audio 4; and a shitty bastarding Numark M4 mixer that decides to crackle at times during the mix when I'm nowhere near the reds.

Enjoy x

[00:00] Raiden - Alpha Centurai
>>[01:25] S.P.Y. - Untold Future
[3:33] Fierce & Vicious Circle - Section VIP
[6:23] Foreign Concept - Possessive
[9:13] Loxy & Resound - Fall
[12:25] Dub Phizix & Skeptical - Marka
[14:32] Darqwan - Warrior Stance (Amit Remix)
[17:01] Fierce & Vicious Circle - Feedback
[19:08] Villem - Splinter In Your Mind
[21:57] Doc Scott - Unofficial Ghost
[24:15] Falling Down - Calibre & ST Files
[26:03] DJ Fresh - Signal
[28:11] Spinline - Artificial
[30:19] Break - Framework
[32:49] Rido & Hybris - First Contact
[35:41] Misanthrop - Sidereal
>> [36:44] June Miller - Snapcase

Last edited:
had a look through members mixes like half hour ago and missed this? most definitely on it safe for the heads up, will feedback in due course geeeez

>>[01:25] S.P.Y. - Untold Future - really nice double man, kept AC coming through nicely
[3:33] Fierce & Vicious Circle - Section VIP - tightly mixed, maybe needed the bass on AC lowered a little to make section stand out more when it was in the mix
[6:23] Foreign Concept - Possessive - nice mate
[9:13] Loxy & Resound - Fall - sounded big man, love the way the drums sit together
[12:25] Dub Phizix & Skeptical - Marka cool mix, marka and loxy tunes sound sick together, iv been doing it with conqueror x (worth a try if you have it)
[14:32] Darqwan - Warrior Stance (Amit Remix) - yeahh really nice, just thought marka was a little loud on the switch
[17:01] Fierce & Vicious Circle - Feedback - sounded slightly out at the start but good once corrected, vocals sounded sweet poking in
[19:08] Villem - Splinter In Your Mind - shame about the tiny tiny clash at the drop but really good after, drums sat really well with bass from SIYM
[21:57] Doc Scott - Unofficial Ghost - yes like this a lot, maybe a touch more bass on UG before you switched just to make the drums and mids come through a teeeny bit more imo, big up for drawing for it though, massive tune
[24:15] Falling Down - Calibre & ST Files - i like the change in mixing styles sounded good whilst keeping the vibe going
[26:03] DJ Fresh - Signal - build up sounded really good, drop was ridiculous, really good double, shame about the little slip but sounded hench when sorted (y)
[28:11] Spinline - Artificial - liked how you pulled signal in and out, kept it interesting, nice little switch as well, didnt expect it which is always good
[30:19] Break - Framework - SICK, that is all
[32:49] Rido & Hybris - First Contact - yeah also quality man, just went perfectly together, maybee a bass switch at some point but thats just preferance
[35:41] Misanthrop - Sidereal - why do i not own this tune? gully as fuck
>> [36:44] June Miller - Snapcase - hench!!! massive mix there man

overall really really good, selection was on point and you pulled some big mixes out, definitely gona be checking your other mixes and future ones, good luck with the comp man (y)

>>[01:25] S.P.Y. - Untold Future - really nice double man, kept AC coming through nicely
[3:33] Fierce & Vicious Circle - Section VIP - tightly mixed, maybe needed the bass on AC lowered a little to make section stand out more when it was in the mix
[6:23] Foreign Concept - Possessive - nice mate
[9:13] Loxy & Resound - Fall - sounded big man, love the way the drums sit together
[12:25] Dub Phizix & Skeptical - Marka cool mix, marka and loxy tunes sound sick together, iv been doing it with conqueror x (worth a try if you have it)
[14:32] Darqwan - Warrior Stance (Amit Remix) - yeahh really nice, just thought marka was a little loud on the switch
[17:01] Fierce & Vicious Circle - Feedback - sounded slightly out at the start but good once corrected, vocals sounded sweet poking in
[19:08] Villem - Splinter In Your Mind - shame about the tiny tiny clash at the drop but really good after, drums sat really well with bass from SIYM
[21:57] Doc Scott - Unofficial Ghost - yes like this a lot, maybe a touch more bass on UG before you switched just to make the drums and mids come through a teeeny bit more imo, big up for drawing for it though, massive tune
[24:15] Falling Down - Calibre & ST Files - i like the change in mixing styles sounded good whilst keeping the vibe going
[26:03] DJ Fresh - Signal - build up sounded really good, drop was ridiculous, really good double, shame about the little slip but sounded hench when sorted (y)
[28:11] Spinline - Artificial - liked how you pulled signal in and out, kept it interesting, nice little switch as well, didnt expect it which is always good
[30:19] Break - Framework - SICK, that is all
[32:49] Rido & Hybris - First Contact - yeah also quality man, just went perfectly together, maybee a bass switch at some point but thats just preferance
[35:41] Misanthrop - Sidereal - why do i not own this tune? gully as fuck
>> [36:44] June Miller - Snapcase - hench!!! massive mix there man

overall really really good, selection was on point and you pulled some big mixes out, definitely gona be checking your other mixes and future ones, good luck with the comp man (y)

some legendary feedback there man, glad you enjoyed the same bits I did.. big up!

and Unofficial Ghost is a personal favourite of mine as well :rambo:

ill have a look and see if i can find the mp3

---------- Post added at 14:40 ---------- Previous post was at 14:19 ----------

DNBSHARE link added, get downloading (y)

so i got round to listening last night, im really sorry ive been so shit and late with feedback! really nice mix mate, definitely enjoyed the first two thirds more than the end, really hit the nail on the end with that dark section. fall > marka > warrior stance > feedback was quality, great hearing unofficial ghost as well. thought maybe signal was a little bit too bait and not in keeping with the general theme of the mix, obviously just my own opinion tho. i couldnt hear any crackling so no worries with that haha. how did you get on with the competition? or is it still going? big ups mate, following on soundcloud

Back
Top Bottom