detonate - dream of two dj's (sample)

detonate-dj

sexdrugs&rockinthedole
after the comments on the last clip i posted, i re-thought about carrying it on, i got my head stuck into a eq & mastering guide and it helped alot, so did alot of tips of this forum, its a different track to last time it wont be perfect obviously but i think its alot better. let me know what you's think....cheers

detonate - dream of two dj_s.mp3 - 2.54MB

new link...ive changed the melody of the bassline, and its full the track now
detonate - dream of two dj_s.mp3 - 2.57MB

also could a mod take sample of the thread title plz??

Last edited:
it was in a pack off 'pella's i found through google. the original songs called afrika bambaata - got to get up,
and cheers

Well nice one bro, it fit in perfect, especially when ya chilled the track to the breakdown with no beat and the rap seemed to turn softer as well...respect bro. pz

The vocal sample was a pretty good choice. Overall the track sounded like it was a bit empty, like the bass could have been a bit fuller, covered a bit more of the freq spectrum, add a few other bits in. The drums could be varied a bit, filtered etc.
But that's all for next time. Not bad for a first track.

cheers subprime, i basically followed a few tips off the eq guidelines some1 posted up the other day (not sure who) and from a book. i think im gonna go back to this and keep trying different stuff with it... thanks again

Back
Top Bottom