Detecting root note of sample & multi channel setup in Span?

Discussion in 'Production' started by Billy Phase, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Billy Phase

Billy Phase New Member

Hi all, Google has failed me miserably along with search function here so thought I’d take it to the experts

1) trying to find the root note of an old Rhodes vinyl sample so I can create a bassline to match, in a spectrum analyser is the root note the lowest HZ peak in the spectrum or the tallest (I have one peak at A2 and a much taller peak at G5) the sample is pretty dirty so no luck with G Tune or finding a matching sine tone. OR is this likely a chord and if so to match a one note bassline would I go for the lower note or the more dominant (louder) note?

2) How do you route Voxengo Span Plus (not the free version) to enable multi channel display with the import / export function? have spent hours trying to find the answer online / playing with plugin with no luck and the manual is useless (I'm on FL though imagine is similar process in any DAW)

CHeers

2. Mania

Mania i fukin wot m8

Definitely the lowest peak, but if its got a large peak at g5 then yeah, its likely a chord, but we'd have to hear the sample to know. If it is a chord then A would be the root note.

3. Billy Phase

Billy Phase New Member

Legend.... Cheers

Any takers on the multi channel debacle? Doin my frrkn head in, want my graph lookin like this bad boy with channels showing as separate layers

[​IMG]

4. Mania

Mania i fukin wot m8

Sorry man, got no idea. I only have normal SPAN, and would tell you to look in the edit section but you've already done that. It sounds like an issue thatd likely be DAW dependant, so I would chuck Voxengo an email about the issues and theyll very likely know the issue.

5. BrewUp

BrewUp New Member

I'd just chuck the sample in to my DAW and mess about with my MIDI keyboard to figure it out that way. Shouldn't take more than 5 mins. If you upload the sample I'll take a look at it if you want.

6. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

this /\ ...and will take just seconds once you have practiced a few times