Details of Gumby's UK Tour of Duty

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Gumby, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Gumby

Gumby New Member

I know ive been harping on about this holiday for months, but i've booked my accommodation, so i just thought i'd post up the dates so if any of you regulars want to catch up with me and my mate and show us around you can. cos i dont really know what we're going to do in half these places.

im open to suggestions of things to see/do when we're there as well please.

December
    Tues 1st, Wed 2nd- Portsmouth
    Thurs 3rd, Fri 4th- Bristol
    Sat 5th, Sun 6th- Cardiff

Mon 7th-Tues 15th- London

Obviously i might get bored staying in London for this length of time, so im planning to do some small trips by train to see some other places. Havent decided where yet.

Manchester maybe? any other places worth seeing?

i know i'll meet most of you at the xmas party but if anyone is serious about catching up another time, let me know.

2. Gumby

Gumby New Member

im not interested in the tourist attractions in london. seen buckingham palace twice already, im sure its gona look exactly the same the third time round.

any nice little non-touristy places worth visiting in london?
    what clubs should i go to at night?

3. Saint

Saint Buried Audio

Just typed loads of shit and deleted it by mistake. Might fill in this again in more detail tomorrow:

While you're in london:
    Day trip to brighton, wicked little place, about an hour away, really cheap. Loads of fun and definately worth a visit (especially if you haven't been before).
    Visit camden, piss about in the market and go to some pubs/bars in the evening, pretty jokes.
    Go to FWD @ Plastic People, dunno what other nights are on while you here but its every sunday and is sick if you like dubstep.
    Go to portobello road, wicked little area that tourists seem to love more than normal. Badass cupcake shop there too.

EDIT: Just clocked you said non touristy.. and these are pretty touristy, whateverrrr. Definately check brighton though.

4. Gumby

Gumby New Member

thats cool man, great suggestions. Camden is definitely one of places on my list. been there before and bloody loved it.

cheers!

5. Saint

Saint Buried Audio

Shoreditch is also worth a look aswell, some wicked nightlife down there if you fancy a pub/bar crawl with some decent music and crowd.

Will be down there for the xmas party anyway so can check it then :)

6. Toejam

Toejam OOOBEY DOOBEY

Ipswich is a 2 hour train ride from london, come and marvel at my mate Colin's bronze tipped pitchfork and the subtle incestry and how its effected limb numbers around here.

7. Yorkshire Tony

Yorkshire Tony Active Member

im up near hull, we should get all the northern lot together (i hear indi is comin back to good ol' humberside for xmas party too) and show the sotherners how its done

8. Jakue08

Jakue08 Active Member

longleat ftw gumby!

9. safety

safety double safety

bognor regis or skegness

it's worth going to the tate modern or the natural history museum if you haven't been, although they can be quite touristy depending on when you go.

10. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Hmmm...

I may not be in Cardiff on that weekend.

Supposed to be going away to west wales with my mates.

But... I don't know how I'm looking for money, so I might not be going. I'm even moving hom this weekend :(

I'd rather keep money for the xmas bash.

If I am here, I'll have fuck all mates about to take you out in the night :(

But I'm sure there'll be a D&B night going on, so could see if any of the other Cardiff members here would be down for a little meet.

11. dizzzeejungle

dizzzeejungle Junglist Down Under..

For clubs there is this wicked night on called "Forward" on Sunday nights, its all really good dubstep and you can smoke spliffs in there also, so its pretty relaxed

I'd check out Cambridge aswell . Its all uni students up there and they have this wicked night on every month called "Spoonfed" where all the hospital boys play. Had a wicked time there !

Other than that, obviously you have to go to a n ight @ Matter (sound system is too good,), and maybe have a pint of cider on the canals !

ps. dont freeze !

*also, avoid the walkabout at all costs,

have fun !

12. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Haha, yeh. Walkabouts are horrid.

In the one in Cardiff, I swear the bar staff aren't actually Australian, sounds like they just put on an accent.

13. GZero

GZero No fear no sound!

this.

Also the Saatchi gallery is quality and very close (if you're into that sort of thing). The Dali museum may still be next door but I'm not sure.

14. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

Go to the Angel of the North and wonder why we, you and everone else bothered with such nonsense.

15. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

Sat 12th - Sun 13th - MY HOUSE!!! hahahaha...

you getting yourself a phone when you get over here??

Ill get sammy dodger out and we'll go for a little drink or two....

16. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

If you do make it up norf, you should try to check out York, big medival city with big wall and old stuff, very pretty.

Plus I'll be in London for the xmas bash, I'll PM you my number and visa versa, and we can hook up in the Big Smoke before the event.

17. Thin and crispy

Thin and crispy Active Member

Howden is closer to me than hull I'm sure, like 40 mins from askern? Anywho, go northerners, w00p!

18. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Woo brighton haha!

Is Brighton really quite popular to other people?! Don't really take notice when you live there. Come to Devotion if you do pop down (last saturday of every month) .. bound to be sickness!

19. Triple M

Triple M Admin

Dnbforum HQ is in Portsmouth :teeth:

20. *SweetPea*

*SweetPea* LADY VINYL

I'll have a look and see what's on in bristol when you're down this way. Guaranteed there will be something on, and I'll show you the sites, I'm sure soph and Oli will come out if they're not busy. :) are you coming up to the forum party with us then? I'll have to let you know travel times and stuff. Think we're all going out for a drink or two before going up there, but i think there's going to be like 7, maybe more of us on the coach up, which should be fun!