DnB Detached - Reflections (WIP) Feedback needed

JamesDetached

Hi guys,

I've been working on this track for the last few days now and am quite pleased with the vibe I have going so far.

The real problem I have is I recently had to move my room around and in the process my monitors are now with their backs against a very big and wide window.

After doing this I immediately noticed the bass I was hearing had halved and I was having to move closer to get the same sound from the top end.

Unfortunately I have to keep them this way for some time. I am unsure of how major this is affecting my projects and my mixdowns.

Any feedback on the mixdown in general (it might be quite low already) and if any elements / anything in general could do with improving would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Very nice, I like it a lot. The bass is a bit loud imo, but I don't have the best equipment, so might want to wait for a second opinion.

Thanks dude for having a listen. I'm glad you're feeling the kinda vibe I'm going for.

I have a feeling the bass might be a bit prominent at the moment as I'm having to boost it for it to be audible in my environment.

Will work harder on referencing it to see if I can get a right balance.

I don't normally comment on WIP stuff but I really like the vibe on this one, really enjoyed listening to it.

Drums sound a little muted to me, a little thin throughout the whole range. I'd stick an Airwindows Density across them and crank it up!

Bassline is smooth and I love the vocal sample. Nice work, be interested to hear the finished article!

sounding good man bass seems fine on my end
some of the percussion could maybe be boosted a bit
but overall sounding nice so far

I really liked the different sounds you used here, they seem very unique to me. The bass is sounding well with my speakers, to me it seemed that the vocals were not sounding so clear, maybe just boosting the volume a little could help, that's just my personal taste. Anyway, nice one I like it.

I don't normally comment on WIP stuff but I really like the vibe on this one, really enjoyed listening to it.

Drums sound a little muted to me, a little thin throughout the whole range. I'd stick an Airwindows Density across them and crank it up!

Bassline is smooth and I love the vocal sample. Nice work, be interested to hear the finished article!

big up! I've been working on it at half my max level but once I took it down a bit I could hear the drums not sounding anywhere near as clear and punchy as I t hought they already did. I'm gonna work on ~EQ'ing them a little tighter and maybe layer my snare to give it more punch.

That vocal took me the longest time to get right, I don't know if you feel the same but finding the right vocal is such a pain in the anus.

Thanks for taking the time to listen dude.

sounding good man bass seems fine on my end
some of the percussion could maybe be boosted a bit
but overall sounding nice so far

Cheers man, I'm gonna work on EQ'ing everything better on my 700 pro's so everything really has it's own presence in the mix.

Cheers for having a listen.

I really liked the different sounds you used here, they seem very unique to me. The bass is sounding well with my speakers, to me it seemed that the vocals were not sounding so clear, maybe just boosting the volume a little could help, that's just my personal taste. Anyway, nice one I like it.

Thanks man was trying to go for a futuristicy minimal liquid number, good thing I'm going in the right direction haha. I noticed the vocals are a little bit in the background so I'm gonna work on trying to bring them out more in the mix as I had only put them on the same channel as my percussion in the mixer.

Thanks for taking the time out to listen.

Back
Top Bottom