Design-Sparring(Forthcoming on Trio Records)

Percussion is really nice, clean and snappy, did you make it from scratch or use samples? One or two synths sound fairly sharp/raw (add some subtle high-passed reverb to smooth it out?) but if that's the sound your going for... I think the high pitch synth that comes and goes at the start is a bit too weak, maybe add more harmonics? I don't have a sub-woofer so take this with a pinch of salt but I think there isn't enough energy in the low end (I guess just above sub level). Good overall, I'll be listening out for other stuff you release :)
big ups!, the percussion was a bunch of rim and stick samples on a drum machine. the stab, unfortunately lost some presence when they were bounced so I'm trying to work on getting them back to where they were. it may by the lack of a sub woofer, if i play it on a phone its hard to pick out ill see what i can do for other systems before realeas. thanks for the feed!

Not a whole lot to criticize on to be honest! On my monitors the sub sounds a little too loud, and the stab parts could definitely be made a bit beefier as previously said, but other than that nice track!

Tidy, rolls along nicely, not really too much feedback, it's fairly 'safe' I guess.

Tidy, rolls along nicely, not really too much feedback, it's fairly 'safe' I guess.
really clean and gritty harmonics on the bass. i also really like the stutter shuffles through out. been trying to work on my glitchy sounds. any tips on how you go about all that? i usually used a sampler for a lot of the weird noises here. mix down is also really clean. good work, will be watching for more works.

Alright, I'm going to start posting track reviews - hope people find them useful as I may hit you up in the future :)

Like others said, very clean. I think you could take a few more risks though! for those reverb stabs before the drop I think it would be cool if you automated them to get even louder and be more dramatic.
Snare sounds great, maybe could be a touch brighter but overall nice transient/mix. I think a lot of high-end stuff could be wider and it would make your mix more exciting sounding as it's pretty mono right now. Something like a pan from L-R on that pitched down gate string would be cool too. Definitely enjoy the little fills/edits/FX that come in but I think there could be more dynamic range to them (just simply going louder to be more dramatic). Some of the midrange distorted bass sounds could be glued to the sub a little bit more too. They sound a little bit highpassed/disconnected. Good stuff!!

Back
Top Bottom