Describe Your Greatest Sporting Achievements

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by jmzmaloney, May 23, 2010.

1. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

When I was at school we were all timed for each relevant event and distances thrown. We had to all put are best on a big board on the changing room wall though the relevance of this was not known. Me not conforming to the rules decided to put up exaggerated times and distances for the hurdles and the triple jump. So it got to the end of the season and to my horror I was chosen to represent the school in both events at the local schools championship at Palmer Park, Reading. I was completely annihilated in the triple jump. So in the hurdles I decided to bow out gracefully by colliding into the 3rd hurdle.

Then there was football career playing for Twyford Comets Under 15s. Finished the season 0 wins/1 draw/17 defeats, 8 goals for 120 against. Though we did get through to the quarter finals of the cup. Got a bye in the 1st round. 2nd round just scraped through against the bottom team in the league below us 3-2. Quarter finals though got stuffed 32-0, which I sill think is a record in the area. Not all bad though got tickets to see my one and only Premiership match. Fucking QPR vs Wimbledon, possibly the shittest match of all time.

2. dnbkingz

dnbkingz bollocks

I finished 4th in the discuss in year9 sports day.
    There were only 4 competitors so i felt a little bit like the special kid that entered the 100m and would get cheered more than the actual winner.

Actually played in goal in the winning year 9 football faculty tournament though, saved a penalty in the 3rd game and we went on to win 3-0.
    I did however get a yellow card from the PE teacher reffing the game for foul language in the 2nd game :(
    I wasn't in goal for the 1st or last game though, probably the for the best as i was a chunky fucker and could only hold my concentration for a short amount of time :lol:

My crowning glory however was the football team i played for when i was about 6/7. Tournament held at Crystal Palace, 7 a side shizzle.
    My one and only game in goal i managed to concede 13 goals in a 18-4 drubbing.
    I was subbed after the 13th and played outfield for the remaining game.

Oh, fucking also.

I played on my primary schools' cricket team the whole season. We won our league and were invited to the Oval to play in this comp.
    I was dropped from the team and replaced with one of the subs that warmed the seats ALL year!!!

Never forget that. I was fucking gutted.

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  3. SIRUS

SIRUS 変なひと

came second in a thundermite league, coming runner up in the cup too, at u15 level. although i got dropped for the final so the managers son could be a sub. CUNT.

played against essex as a sub not impressing scouts at all.

came 4th in the 200 metres in 3rd yr sports day.

managed to run the 100 metres in what felt like 4 seconds when nearly getting nicked for drugs aged 17. although the time is unofficial, i'm certain time froze for everyone else for at least 8 seconds.

4. Blurr

Blurr Wasted Selection

i played football with wayne bridge

5. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

when i was 11 i was angry and frustrated and decided to do a backflip off the platform at the exercise pool. i landed the back of my head on the edge of the pool and was knocked unconscious with blood gushing out my head. so they took like 10 towels to stop the bleeding and i took those towels home, so i was like wa-hey, free towels

6. RevTech

RevTech Butthole=output transduce

I played football (American) with a broken finger, and I also beat an Asian at a sport once.

7. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

if you count snowboarding there are various stupid things i have done which i would call achievements.

in ice hockey my team (tier 2, in england haha, i may as well not play, but still love to tell american and canadian girls i play college hockey)we came 2nd in the league (because nottingham who hate us rolled over against manchester to let them win on goal difference, it went from a 1-0 game in nottingham, to a 12-0 game in manchester. very suspect). Then we came to the finals of the playoffs, lost to manchester, having some silly goals disallowed. Then in the nationals, we played manchester in the semis. were winning by a goal most of the game, and they got one back, which they shouldn't have, but i shall not explain why as i assume you don't know the rules of ice hockey well enough to make it worth my time. then with about 30 seconds left i got around their defender, 1 on 1 with the keeper, about to shoot and the defenceman hacks me down from behind using his stick, enough to cut me through thos massive ridiculous pads we wear. essentially we got cheated out another win. fucking mugggy caaaants

8. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

i played for grimsby basketball, ended up travelling round britain abit, played a few big places.. then found weed, and stopped any sporting actiavity to this day

9. spiderfran286

spiderfran286 "Yes, squid pro roe..."

i used to play for Sheffield United from the age of 8 till i was about 14/15
    then decided i didn't want to play football anymore so i quit.
    used to play in the same team as Kyle Walker (now plays for Spurs)
    was a good team to play for, we played in the proper united strip, was r8 good!

other than football i played basketball for my school, used to race for Sheffield at swimming and played for my village cricket team!

10. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

is this true? it may explain why you harbor so much resentment for united.

11. spiderfran286

no not at all, i hate united because im a Wednesday fan.....i quit playing because i knew i didnt have the discipline to make it as a footballer!
    i didnt play for united because i loved em, i chose em because they were the only proper footy team to have kids teams (there was "young owls" but they had no connection with wednesday, apart from the name)
    was good as a kid telling other kids "i play for sheff united"

Kyle Walker was a fucking don tho! you could always see he could make it.

12. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

2nd in 100m and 1st twice in 200m at sports day! BOH

13. gcurt1s

gcurt1s Buried Audio

i used to play hockey fo arsenal. We got to wear there strip and train in the underground astroturf pitch at highbury which was pretty cool.

14. Thin and crispy

Thin and crispy Active Member

i played for a pretty successful under 10's/12's football team, we made the cup final twice and finished in the top 3 every season!
    i was getting benched for the new managers son and his mates along with 3 other lads and cos id moved from the area it wasnt worth the travel n shit to go training then having to sit out until the last 10 minutes of every game, lol

15. Cat Gas

Cat Gas Aka Basis

I still do athletics and all.
    100m and 200m etc. I also do the hammer because nobody else does it ever, so I always win. :D

But cause I'm the only white guy in the 100m and 200m, predictably, I come last every time :teeth:

16. Thin and crispy

Thin and crispy Active Member

loads of people get scouted from united, bet u had alot of donny lads there too right?

17. CRoOK

CRoOK Audio Artillery

i captained the year 8 inter-house rounders tournament. the b team. we came second.

18. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

i was just kidding Fran mate. i know you are a wanker through and through :teeth:

19. spiderfran286

there was a few lads from all over Sheffield n that, i think kyle was from other side of town. not many lads from donny if i remember im my age group.

ah im so glad we have a united fan on here....

20. losty

losty losty2010

Greatest Sporting Achievements?
    Scoring an own goal of coz.