DnB Derelicts of Tomorrow - Love Jah (Dub)

Cool sounding track, like the old skool rolling vibe to it all. The only criticism I'd add would be the stereo field feels quite narrow which could be brought out more with the atmospherics as it currently sounds like that atmos is playing back as a mono sound. Aside from that though it's a nice sounding track.

Cool sounding track, like the old skool rolling vibe to it all. The only criticism I'd add would be the stereo field feels quite narrow which could be brought out more with the atmospherics as it currently sounds like that atmos is playing back as a mono sound. Aside from that though it's a nice sounding track.
Thanks brother, I work so hard on the drums and the bass line that I kind of slacked on everything else except maybe the vocals, like my last post said that I plan on going in and working on it a little bit more before I enable downloads as I got overexcited and posted it too soon I'm afraid

Best one from you in a while. Sounding strong!
Thanks a lot man been doing a lot of work on my mixdowns and applied some new techniques that I've learned. Although as @Hutt was kind enough to point out to me, I focused too much on the mixdown and slacked on the energy level and didn't do enough with the Baseline, I mean the Baseline sounds pretty good to me but I could have made it develop more so expect a VIP of this in the future :)

Stereo widening and panning is where I lack knowledge. I mean I know how to pan instruments as if I'm looking at them on a stage but envisioning the stereo field the something I struggle with

Keep anything bass-ey central i.e. sub and kick and then play around with everything else. Experiment with plugins designed to stereo spread. Also I sometimes keep stuff central but send to fx panned L and R - Delay and Reverb.

Hope that is at least a little useful... :teeth:

Back
Top Bottom