Derelicts Of Tomorrow - Effed Up ***NEW***

HI Derelicts...

It sounds good, like the vibe and the flow of the track...sample really fits nicely. However, by your standards, I thought the drums sound a bit flat - especially the snare sounds a bit dull to me. Might be a personal thing or my headphones though!

HI Derelicts...

It sounds good, like the vibe and the flow of the track...sample really fits nicely. However, by your standards, I thought the drums sound a bit flat - especially the snare sounds a bit dull to me. Might be a personal thing or my headphones though!

nope I agree fully with that regarding the drums. they used to be more upfront but one person said the snare was too loud and so I backed off the volume a touch which seemingly lessend the dynamics as well? Frankly I got sick of working on it and gave up... Here's the Ableton file if anyone wants a go at it...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Af4W5MwfpfV3lEQXgyWHRzZ0U/view

HI Derelicts...

I've been revisiting it and I'm not sure I agree brother, def not my best but the drums sound on point in my car and studio but I do agree they sound flat in headphones. Although I am high as fuck right now on a ome pineapple express so maybe that's why it sounds dope LOL I just can't seem to get more weight into that snare drum

helloDoT, not exactly my cupa tea but rocks on my system for sure !!
could you look at the vocal phrases and process them a bit further?
don't sound much fitting I think. otherwise all perfect, good tune ! :2thumbs:

I'll have to look into the kick/sub issue you mentioned. What system are you listening to the tune on? Sound dope in my studio and car. The sub is rolled off at 68 and the kick is high passed at 70 so technically it's physically impossible for them to be interfering with one another so there must be something else going on that I'm not hearing o_O:confused:

Back
Top Bottom