Denon cd decks

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by gcurt1s, Oct 16, 2009.

1. gcurt1s

gcurt1s Buried Audio

Has anyone had any experience with the Dn-s1000 or any of the other models?

Can get one second hand for cheap so thinking about getting one, or a third technic

2. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

i have a Ds-s1000, had it for nearly 3 years and its belter, for a cheap CDJ it a beast, i know gloxxt uses them n all, the only thing is i am unfamiliar with CDJ's so when i play out i am a bit stumped, but for the cash, good buy mate.

3. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

As the scouse manc has said, I can not fault them for the price. They perform excellently. The problem with them is the pitch increments are +-0.1% where as something like a Pioneer CDJ-400 has pitch increments of +-0.05% so are more precise.

4. gcurt1s

gcurt1s Buried Audio

nice one guys. Think im probably gunna go for the Ds-s1000. Would obv love a pioneer, but these seem to be fucking good for the price

5. zoomy

zoomy funky chunky

Got 2 of those 1000's at home, they're really nice. Only issue, as mentioned above, is the +0.1 pitch resolution.

6. funkmod

funkmod Member

i have had 2 for about 6 months they are pretty awsome for such a cheapprice i have noticed it might say 0.1 but it will still adjust finer depending on the pitch range but doesnt display it

7. Wellsy

Wellsy Member

Yeah as people said the 0.1 +- and overall pitch aint amazing but I delt with cd decks for two years using these increments and just takes a bit more extra work, effects are high quality on this but for about £50-£70 extra you can get teh pioneer 200s second hand which has effects, 0.05 and even 0.02+- pitch