DEMZ - My Some Tracks (3 Dubstep, 1 DnB)

DEMZ

Just thought Id give you a taste of my tracks so I made a set thingo on soundcloud, these are probably my favourite songs that Ive produced.

http://soundcloud.com/demz/sets/demz

Any feedback on any of these tracks would be absolutely wonderful:)

Cheers

ps. I tried to put the soundcloud player straight in but you cant seem to do that, is it not supported??

Last edited:
Yeah man thanks for the comment, thats a pretty old track and I think it was just a rough draft kinda thing that I never went back to finishing. Thanks for the plug to :)

Nice tracks mate!

Jungle Drums - Like the beat alot, feel like it has something slightly missing to me though, maybe a vocal or some kind of lead synth to come in and out and hold it together a bit better. (that said thats onyl a preference, and the tune has a nice vibe to it as it is that might get lostt by adding in something else.)
Only other small criticism, is when you have the low pass filter closing on the transitions, i'd let it close a little slower if i were you (sounds a little like all the sound tails off too early)

Listened to Another World as well - Like the pads and atmospherics alot. The beat is really nice too but i think could do with a little work to bring out the best in it. The kick gets lost a little in the mix.

Had a cheeky listen to jazzstep as well. Like this one alot, the bass is deep, like the other bass bits that come in too, and the hits in the background with lots of reverb. If i had to criticise i'd say the bell sounds might me a little loud in the mix, and i'm not too keen on the bass that comes in around 3 minutes, but thats merely preference.

Keep it up man, good work

Thanks heaps for the crit, really good post.

Yeah I like to keep things pretty simple especially with jungle drums, when I add more layers everything just seems to get cluttered and I felt simple sat better with that track. As for the bell in jazzstep, I couldn't find the right level for it, mixing through headphones id take it down but then it would be too quiet through speakers, so Id bring it back up and it would be too loud in headphones, I played around for ages EQing trying to make it stick out, just got frustrated and left it loud. And for another world, I didnt really mix that at all, it was more of a draft.

Thanks again :)

Back
Top Bottom